    software) Can I find HELP.
    Many thanks
    Saref
    Saref Aref, Jul 14, 2004

  2. Saref Aref

    Robert Baer Guest

    Saref Aref wrote:

    > G'day every body
    > My external COMBO Drive its duty is CD RW,CD R and
    > DVD Rom. It works good except as DVD Rom .
    > When I put DVD disk inside it, most of times does not work but sometimes
    > works after many efforts when I connect it with computer after Loading
    > windows (ME), and never works if connection before loading windows.
    > I receive many messages as: "No disks in the drive", "Unknown Format" and "
    > Do you want format this disk?"
    > I think he became confused by other duties(as CD RW & CD R)and can not
    > identify the DVD format disk.
    > Is it necessary to add some lines in Autoexec bat file to fix this problem?
    > I do not know and NOT experienced as a Programmer. ( I use Power DVD as a
    > software) Can I find HELP.
    > Many thanks
    > Saref

    1. Get into the habit of always connecting a USB device *after* the OS
    is running.
    2. Also get in the habit of clicking on the strange icon that looks like
    an arrow above a "tablet", and select which USB device you want to
    disconnect. Do this before powering down either the USB device or the
    computer.
    Robert Baer, Jul 14, 2004