    into the Run window. The problem I have is every time I uncheck it when my
    pc re-boots it starts again . Does anyone know how I can permanently stop it
    please only I don't want to really delete the registry path TIA
    PWB, Sep 21, 2003

  2. PWB

    °Mike° Guest

    Why are you unchecking it in msconfig, if it is spyware, and
    you have SpyBot installed? What's wrong with having
    SpyBot take care of it?

    If there is a problem with SpyBot removing it, install HijackThis
    and post your log contents here. Be sure to name the spyware
    you are trying to get rid of.

    HijackThis
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 00:22:58 +0100, in
    <lj5bb.631$%>
    PWB scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 21, 2003

  3. PWB

    PWB Guest

    Ok thanks its just it is a nuisance spybot picking it up every time and I'm
    unable to get rid of it.

    PWB, Sep 21, 2003
  4. PWB

    trout Guest

    PWB wrote:

    > I have a registry file that Spy Boot picks up regular as spyware, it
    > is in my start-up program. I know because I tracked it down by
    > entering 'msconfig' into the Run window. The problem I have is every
    > time I uncheck it when my pc re-boots it starts again . Does anyone
    > know how I can permanently stop it please only I don't want to really
    > delete the registry path TIA

    I'd suggest that you let Spybot S&D delete it, but keep a back-up;
    'just in case' (although I don't think it's necessary).
    Read more here:
    http://www.pestpatrol.com/PestInfo/B/Backweb.asp
    --
    "There are suggestions on various ways to handle it."
    trout, Sep 21, 2003
  5. PWB

    PWB Guest

    Thanks for the URL I didn't know it was for product updates it is the icon I
    have in the start-up folder for my scanner so now all I did was delete that
    and now I can check manually to see if there are any updates.

    PWB, Sep 21, 2003
  6. Uh, remove it in add /remove programs. It may be listed as service
    connection.

    NewKillerStar, Sep 21, 2003