    Backweb Lite. What is it and should I let Spybot fix it?

    I also just ran TrendMicro, MacAFee and AdAware and they found nothing.

    Thank you
    riz, May 2, 2005

  2. riz

    Sultan Guest

    "riz" <> wrote in news:fKdde.18774$:

    > Just ran Spybot and found 56 registry keys and 2 registry values

    for
    > Backweb Lite. What is it and should I let Spybot fix it?
    >

    > I also just ran TrendMicro, MacAFee and AdAware and they found

    nothing.

    > Thank you

    Google is your friend:
    http://chooseknowledge.com/Backweb.htm

    --

    Sultan
    Sultan, May 2, 2005

  3. riz

    Plato Guest

    riz wrote:

    > Just ran Spybot and found 56 registry keys and 2 registry values for
    > Backweb Lite. What is it and should I let Spybot fix it?

    Not if you want to keep the spyware running and active.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, May 2, 2005
  4. riz

    ellis_jay Guest

    Plato wrote:
    > riz wrote:
    >>
    >> Just ran Spybot and found 56 registry keys and 2 registry values for
    >> Backweb Lite. What is it and should I let Spybot fix it?

    > Not if you want to keep the spyware running and active.

    Much -not all-of that stuff is HP associated. I left it for a long time and
    finally decided to ditch it and things have not changed at all -or at least
    in any harmful way. My S and D is up and running as is Winpatrol,
    ZoneAlarm, Avg grisoft free edition, Spywareinfo, HJT, Weather Watcher from
    Singercreations, Spywareblaster, CWShredder, Panda online, Housecall online,
    Adaware from Lavasoft, A-Squared, Ewido, McAfee Stinger, Avast cleaner, BHO
    Demon 2.0, JV16, as well as various other online Shield and trojan or virus
    scanners , port scanners, Bazooka, and other apps.

    I feel squeeky clean!!

    --
    He released government from the restraint of law.
    ____Lord Acton on Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527), George W. Bush, and

    Ellis_Jay
    ellis_jay, May 2, 2005