    Many Thanks

    Gunjani
    Ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?
    Gunjani, Jul 12, 2003

  2. Gunjani

    AntoineD Guest

    it is a spyware
    see http://www.backweb.com/services/html/spyware.html
    use spybot
    http://security.kolla.de/
    and ad-aware

    to get rid of it. If you firewall offers yu the option to refuse and to
    remember it, do so.
    Regards
    AntoineD

    AntoineD, Jul 12, 2003

  3. Gunjani

    Michael Guest

    It's also included with the software for Kodak cameras, and without it, you
    can't register your camera or software online, nor can you get firmware
    upgrades for your camera (or camera dock).

    ((U))

    Michael, Jul 12, 2003
  4. Gunjani

    paul s Guest

    Michael wrote:

    > It's also included with the software for Kodak cameras, and without it,
    > you can't register your camera or software online, nor can you get
    > firmware upgrades for your camera (or camera dock).

    Who needs to install all the crap that comes with cameras anyway [1]? Just
    get a cheapo Sandisk card reader. XP works with them straight away no
    additional drivers needed.

    Firmware updates should be avoided as they can sometimes render the camera
    dead, I would only do a firmware upgrade if there was a bug with the
    original firmware 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' Some firmware updates
    can be installed with a card-reader anyway.

    [1] Kodak and Canon install a right load of useless garbage on the PC.

    paul s, Jul 12, 2003
  5. Gunjani

    paul s Guest

    Michael wrote:

    > It's also included with the software for Kodak cameras, and without it,
    > you can't register your camera or software online, nor can you get
    > firmware upgrades for your camera (or camera dock).

    BTW you only have to register on Kodak's web-site to get
    drivers/software/firmware.
    --
    Paul S
    paul s, Jul 12, 2003
  6. Gunjani

    Michael Guest

    paul s wrote:

    > Michael wrote:
    >
    >> It's also included with the software for Kodak cameras, and without
    >> it, you can't register your camera or software online, nor can you
    >> get firmware upgrades for your camera (or camera dock).

    > BTW you only have to register on Kodak's web-site to get
    > drivers/software/firmware.

    You have to register with Kodak (online or by papermail, your choice) if you
    want to have your warranty honoured without hassles.

    ((U))
    Michael, Jul 12, 2003
  7. Gunjani

    Michael Guest

    paul s wrote:

    > Michael wrote:
    >
    >> It's also included with the software for Kodak cameras, and without
    >> it, you can't register your camera or software online, nor can you
    >> get firmware upgrades for your camera (or camera dock).

    > Who needs to install all the crap that comes with cameras anyway [1]?
    > Just get a cheapo Sandisk card reader. XP works with them straight
    > away no additional drivers needed.

    My dock is really handy... because it charges batteries, acts as a card
    reader, and means you don't have to be pulling memory outta the camera
    (with 256egs in there, I really don't need to swap cards or anything.)

    Trouble is, XP wouldn't recognize it properly until I got a firmware upgrade
    for it from Kodak.

    Aggreed about the quality of the software they bundle with these things
    though. :)

    ((U))

    Michael, Jul 12, 2003