    in a motel recently I had to use their Netgear USB adapter to connect to
    their wireless B network. Is there a setting I can check to help the
    laptop connect to B networks without the use of a different brand adapter?
    JimD, Nov 26, 2004

  2. G is automatically backwards compatible with B. There is no button or
    setting to adjust on behalf of the NIC.

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Nov 27, 2004

  3. JimD

    JimD Guest

    Then why won't my laptop connect with a B network on the road just as it
    connects with the G network at home? In the motel, the machine shows a
    very low strength connection at 54 Mbps but can't connect to the net.

    JimD, Nov 27, 2004
  4. Sounds like your card has a bad driver or is need of repair or replacement.

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Nov 28, 2004