    used only by accredited journalists. There is currently no official
    confirmation of the decision, why it has been introduced or detail
    about how precise a definition of the term 'DSLR' will be applied.

    RichA, Nov 24, 2010

  2. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >Still, it begs the question as to why the West keeps insisting on
    >trying to drag these people into the 21st century? They seem so happy
    >in the 15th!
    >
    >Dpreview:
    >The Kuwait government has banned the use of DSLRs cameras in public,
    >according to a local media reports. The English-language Kuwait Times
    >says the country’s Ministry of Information, Ministry of Social Affairs
    >and Ministry of Finance have ruled photography with DSLRs should be
    >used only by accredited journalists. There is currently no official
    >confirmation of the decision, why it has been introduced or detail
    >about how precise a definition of the term 'DSLR' will be applied.

    Poor Rich missed the thread that's already discussing this. :-(

    Bruce, Nov 24, 2010

  3. "RichA" <> wrote in message
    > Still, it begs the question as to why the West keeps insisting on
    > trying to drag these people into the 21st century? They seem so happy
    > in the 15th!
    >
    > Dpreview:
    > The Kuwait government has banned the use of DSLRs cameras in public,
    > according to a local media reports. The English-language Kuwait Times
    > says the country’s Ministry of Information, Ministry of Social Affairs
    > and Ministry of Finance have ruled photography with DSLRs should be
    > used only by accredited journalists. There is currently no official
    > confirmation of the decision, why it has been introduced or detail
    > about how precise a definition of the term 'DSLR' will be applied.

    Off-topic in rec.photo.digital, isn't it?

    David J Taylor, Nov 25, 2010
  4. "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
    > On 2010-11-24 23:36:35 -0800, "David J Taylor"
    > <> said:
    >
    >> "RichA" <> wrote in message
    >>> Still, it begs the question as to why the West keeps insisting on
    >>> trying to drag these people into the 21st century? They seem so happy
    >>> in the 15th!
    >>>
    >>> Dpreview:
    >>> The Kuwait government has banned the use of DSLRs cameras in public,
    >>> according to a local media reports. The English-language Kuwait Times
    >>> says the country’s Ministry of Information, Ministry of Social Affairs
    >>> and Ministry of Finance have ruled photography with DSLRs should be
    >>> used only by accredited journalists. There is currently no official
    >>> confirmation of the decision, why it has been introduced or detail
    >>> about how precise a definition of the term 'DSLR' will be applied.

    >> Off-topic in rec.photo.digital, isn't it?
    >>

    > Not really - DIGITAL-SLR
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Savageduck

    Which have their own group:

    rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

    P&S owners currently have no need to worry! <G>

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Nov 25, 2010
  5. > Sorry David, but the last time I checked, this was a general digital
    > photo group.
    > This covers all things digital photo, and that includes astronomical
    > digital photography, medium format digital, P&S, DSLR, and in Rich's
    > case - fantasy digital.
    >
    > As you have directed the DSLR users to r.p.d.slr-s, I could direct you
    > to rec.photo.point+shoot which does exist, but does not seem to have too
    > many subscribers.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Savageduck

    No need to apologise, Savageduck, it was just a bit of semi-humour which
    went wrong.

    I guess we'll soon need a "mirror-less" group....

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Nov 25, 2010
  6. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >Still, it begs the question as to why the West keeps insisting on
    >trying to drag these people into the 21st century? They seem so happy
    >in the 15th!

    The resident bigot finds a new target for his racism.

    --
    Ray Fischer | Mendacracy (n.) government by lying

    Ray Fischer, Nov 28, 2010