    backup SQL and Oracle efficiently. Well I am open to some suggestions. O
    the reason I ask is because we use windows NT backup and we are looking to
    change.
    Hollywood0728, Mar 10, 2008

  2. Hollywood0728

    John R Guest

    "Hollywood0728" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Just to get an idea, whats everyone using out there for backup of servers?
    > would like to be able to save backups over the network and also be able to
    > backup SQL and Oracle efficiently. Well I am open to some suggestions. O
    > the reason I ask is because we use windows NT backup and we are looking to
    > change.

    Symantec Backup Exec is pretty much a standard.

    John R
    John R, Mar 10, 2008

  3. Thats what i figured. How does the license structure work for that software?
    Main Suite on backup storage server and Agent for every server or
    workstation needing backup? How about SQL and Oracle?

    Hollywood0728, Mar 10, 2008
  4. Hollywood0728

    > Thats what i figured. How does the license structure work for that
    > software?
    > Main Suite on backup storage server and Agent for every server or
    > workstation needing backup? How about SQL and Oracle?

    It is licensed per backup server, and agents although I believe you just
    license the agent once and you can go ahead and install it wherever you need
    it. As to SQL and Oracle, I believe it has add-ins, however we simply set
    the DBs to automatically backup themselves using their own agents to another
    disk, and then we have Backup Exec come along and grab the DB backups. We
    are using an older version of Backup Exec. The newer versions are probably
    much easier. Maybe someone else can comment on that.

    John R
    John R, Mar 10, 2008
  5. Hollywood0728

    Neil Guest

    did you hear =?Utf-8?B?SG9sbHl3b29kMDcyOA==?=
    <> say in

    > Just to get an idea, whats everyone using out there for backup of
    > servers?

    HP Data Protector

    - Blessed is the end-user who expects nothing, for he shall not be
    dissapointed.
    Neil, Mar 10, 2008
  6. Check out FilesX
    http://www.filesx.com/
    This software takes snapshots throughout the day and can even restore
    individual emails into a users inbox in Outlook.

    ForeignService, Mar 12, 2008