  1. the backup utility wan't start in windows XP Pro. It appears to start and
    then does nothing then a window comes up and say that it's looking for a
    place to backup.

    =?Utf-8?B?TFQ3?=, Aug 29, 2007

  2. I don't think this has anything to do with 64bit windows, the purpose of
    this newsgroup. You might fare better over on a more appropriate newsgroup.
    But the error message you describe indicates to me that it doesn't see a
    backup device. Start with the help files for NTBackup, the utility in XP
    Professional that does the backup, and make sure you have a supported backup
    device available and that it has the necessary drivers.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 30, 2007