    I restore it on the 64bit Edition? So that I do not lose my AD, and a lot of
    setting? Does anybody know if it works?

    Greetings, Peter
    =?Utf-8?B?RXNjYXBlNw==?=, Sep 15, 2005

  2. I would VERY much doubt it. A much safer method would be to do a "swing
    migration". Create a temporary DC on another machine. (Hint: it can even be
    a virtual machine). Transfer the 5 roles to the temporary domain controller,
    and make sure you designate it as a Global Catalog server. Then demote the
    machine you want to upgrade. Now you can install x64 Edition, do a dcpromo,
    and move the roles (and GC) back to your regular server. You should then
    demote the temporary DC before you remove it from the network.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 15, 2005

  3. Re: Backup System State on 32bit Edition and Restoring it on 64bit

    Thanks for that help.

    Another Question, does the 64bit Edition work with the "old" RAID-5 Arrays?
    I have a mirror for the OS, this would be reformated and I have two RAID-5
    Arrays. If I install the controller cards with 64bit Drivers, are the
    Partitions recognised and usable as before? Or are Partitions lost and have
    to be recreated?

    Thanks again for the help!

    Peter

    =?Utf-8?B?RXNjYXBlNw==?=, Sep 15, 2005
  4. Re: Backup System State on 32bit Edition and Restoring it on 64bit

    That is completely within the control of the raid mfg, but I don't know of a
    reason why not. However, that being said, x64 Edition should be installed on
    a clean partition.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64