    I'm currently using Win XP Pro on a 30GB partition (out of a 120GB
    hard disk)

    Thanks

    al, Oct 30, 2004

  2. al

    EMB Guest

    al wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Would appreciate recommendation regarding a backup software. It must
    > be able to:
    >
    > a. Full backup/image a hard disk or partition to DVDR
    > b. Recover "a" from DOS (in case of a hard drive failure)
    >
    > I'm currently using Win XP Pro on a 30GB partition (out of a 120GB
    > hard disk)

    Nero Backitup (part of the full version of Nero 6) seems to do mosty of
    what you want. I'm not sure about restore from DOS but it includes the
    restore program on the backup it makes.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Oct 30, 2004

  3. al

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 06:44:39 +1300, al wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Would appreciate recommendation regarding a backup software. It must
    > be able to:
    >
    > a. Full backup/image a hard disk or partition to DVDR
    > b. Recover "a" from DOS (in case of a hard drive failure)
    >
    > I'm currently using Win XP Pro on a 30GB partition (out of a 120GB
    > hard disk)

    Ghost
    Partimage
    etc

    Gordon, Oct 31, 2004
  4. al

    al Guest

    On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 16:56:52 +1300, Gordon <> wrote:

    >Ghost
    >Partimage
    >etc

    Thanks for your replies :)

    The Norton Ghost I have (part of Norton Systemworks) only backs up to
    hard disk.

    al, Oct 31, 2004
  5. al

    Jeremy Guest

    trueimage 8 is worth a look, should do what you need

    Jeremy, Oct 31, 2004