    beneficial to have a program that automatically handles them.
    Furthermore, the program should have compression and, if possible, the
    ability to span multiple CDs.

    mcp6453, Feb 11, 2004

  2. mcp6453

    colin Guest

    mcp6453 <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I need a backup program that works well with XP and a CD-RW drive. CD
    > Easy Creator has a problem with file names that are too long, and rather
    > than having to manually truncate the names, it would be highly
    > beneficial to have a program that automatically handles them.
    > Furthermore, the program should have compression and, if possible, the
    > ability to span multiple CDs.

    Powr Quest Disk Image.

    colin, Feb 11, 2004

  3. mcp6453

    Thor Guest

    Novabackup works with CD, tape, HDD, and DVD, and can be scheduled for
    unattended backups. Great program. www.novastor.com . You can download a
    time-limited trial version to see how well it works for your needs. Then if
    you like it, you can simply buy the serial number online to unlock your
    trial copy.

    Thor, Feb 11, 2004
  4. mcp6453

    Michael-NC Guest

    http://www.genie-soft.com/

    I love Genie backup Manager.

    It backs up data to CDs, DVDs and across a network. It doesn't make images,
    it only backs up the folders and settings you choose with mirror and
    incremental modes. It'll also span discs, password protect, compress or
    encrypt your backup.

    Michael-NC, Feb 12, 2004
  5. mcp6453

    mcp6453 Guest

    Michael-NC wrote:

    > http://www.genie-soft.com/
    >
    > I love Genie backup Manager.
    >
    > It backs up data to CDs, DVDs and across a network. It doesn't make images,
    > it only backs up the folders and settings you choose with mirror and
    > incremental modes. It'll also span discs, password protect, compress or
    > encrypt your backup.

    This program looks REALLY neat. I wonder why it is so inexpensive???

    mcp6453, Feb 14, 2004
  6. mcp6453

    mcp6453 Guest

    mcp6453 wrote:

    > Michael-NC wrote:
    > >
    > > http://www.genie-soft.com/
    > >
    > > I love Genie backup Manager.
    > >
    > > It backs up data to CDs, DVDs and across a network. It doesn't make images,
    > > it only backs up the folders and settings you choose with mirror and
    > > incremental modes. It'll also span discs, password protect, compress or
    > > encrypt your backup.

    > This program looks REALLY neat. I wonder why it is so inexpensive???

    I just found one reason. It will not backup to a tape drive (Travan, for
    example) that does not have a drive letter.

    mcp6453, Feb 14, 2004
  7. mcp6453

    Trent© Guest

    On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 08:31:29 -0500, mcp6453 <>
    wrote:

    >mcp6453 wrote:
    >>
    >> Michael-NC wrote:
    >> >
    >> > http://www.genie-soft.com/
    >> >
    >> > I love Genie backup Manager.
    >> >
    >> > It backs up data to CDs, DVDs and across a network. It doesn't make images,
    >> > it only backs up the folders and settings you choose with mirror and
    >> > incremental modes. It'll also span discs, password protect, compress or
    >> > encrypt your backup.

    >> This program looks REALLY neat. I wonder why it is so inexpensive???

    >I just found one reason. It will not backup to a tape drive (Travan, for
    >example) that does not have a drive letter.

    Didn't your tape drive come with its OWN software?

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Feb 15, 2004
  8. mcp6453

    mcp6453 Guest

    Trent© wrote:

    > Didn't your tape drive come with its OWN software?

    Yes, Tapestor. Yuck.

    mcp6453, Feb 15, 2004
  9. mcp6453

    Thor Guest

    "mcp6453" <> wrote in message
    > Trent© wrote:
    > >
    > > Didn't your tape drive come with its OWN software?

    > Yes, Tapestor. Yuck.

    I can second that opinion. Tapestor does suck great big donkey balls.
    Novastor's Novabackup is the best tape software I've worked with.

    Thor, Feb 15, 2004