    latter then how can I load it?
    Thanks
    Peter

    Peter, Dec 29, 2008

  2. Peter

    Rom Guest

    On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 14:24:09 -0800, Peter wrote:

    > My x64 OS disk either did not come the a backup program or it did not get
    > loaded. If the former what inexpensive program can you recommend? If the
    > latter then how can I load it?

    If Vista, the backup features - Automatic Backup and Complete PC
    Backup depend on the edition of Vista.

    A couple to look at and/or try:
    Acronis True Image: <http://www.acronis.com/>
    Macrium Reflect FREE Edition: <http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp>

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Dec 30, 2008

  3. My preferred backup option for x64 Vista (or any other OS I run!) is Windows
    Home Server. Absolutely painless, automatic, reliable and easy to use. And
    recovery is simple as well. Plus you get other goodies like remote access.
    But honestly, what I use WHS for is backup. Everything else is just a nice
    plus.
    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64