backup querry

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by John, Dec 16, 2004.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hi
    when I backup my documents to tape under XP I see this folder as being
    backed up as well - I have back up registry ticked, is this part of
    it?

    Folder C:\_SharedHardlinkData_
    78b4b187.10000.3bb4 <A> 29184 21/12/2001 10:11
    p.m.
    78b4b187.50000.944a <A> 93184 09/10/2003 03:36
    p.m.
    78b4b187.50000.943f <HSA> 9728 09/10/2003 03:36
    p.m.
    78b4b187.10000.3bcc <A> 25579 19/08/2001 09:54
    p.m.
    78b4b187.10000.3bcb <A> 25172 10/05/2001 10:31
    p.m.
    78b4b187.60000.10727 <A> 162304 05/11/2004 08:28
    a.m.
    78b4b187.9de10000.1035c <A> 52736 03/11/2004 12:09
    p.m.

    John, Dec 16, 2004

  2. John

    EMB Guest

    John wrote:
    > Hi
    > when I backup my documents to tape under XP I see this folder as being
    > backed up as well - I have back up registry ticked, is this part of
    > it?
    >
    > Folder C:\_SharedHardlinkData_

    Stick 'SharedHardlinkData' into google and go to the first page it
    finds. Then read what it says, then come back and apologise for not
    even making an effort to find out what it is.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Dec 16, 2004

  3. John

    EMB Guest

    EMB, Dec 16, 2004
  4. John

    John Guest

    On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:18:45 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >Stick 'SharedHardlinkData' into google and go to the first page it

    Does everyone who uses this group need to follow this protocol?
    Stick it where you like mate!

    John, Dec 16, 2004
  5. John

    John, Dec 16, 2004
  6. John

    EMB Guest

    John wrote:

    > Does everyone who uses this group need to follow this protocol?
    > Stick it where you like mate!

    The protocol is "why should we do anything for someone too lazy to even
    make a basic effort at finding out for themselves?" Consider yourself
    lucky you got a real answer in among that lot.

    Sex, travel, And it might be an idea to munge your
    email address when posting to usenet - save a lot of spam and suchlike
    old chap.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Dec 16, 2004
  7. John

    EMB Guest

    EMB, Dec 16, 2004
  8. John

    John Guest

    On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 19:03:29 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >Sex, travel, And it might be an idea to munge your

    It's not my email address...

    John, Dec 16, 2004
  9. John

    John, Dec 16, 2004
  10. John

    John Guest

    On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 19:03:29 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >make a basic effort at finding out for themselves?" Consider yourself
    >lucky you got a real answer in among that lot.

    And what is the reason NTBACKUP chooses to back these files up?

    John, Dec 16, 2004
  11. John

    John, Dec 16, 2004
  12. John said the following on 16/12/2004 8:17 p.m.:
    > On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 19:03:29 +1300, EMB <> wrote:
    >

    >>Sex, travel, john@xxxx And it might be an idea to munge your

    > It's not my email address...

    For **** sake that is even worse than being lazy you must be the most
    selfish fuckwit lazy moron this side of anywhere!

    The fact is you have set up john at ihug for a shit load of spam, in
    fact a track of your x-trace and an abuse complaint should get your
    account closed for miss using that email address via a Wellington Ihug
    connection.

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    his toes.

    Collector»NZ, Dec 16, 2004

    Collector»NZ, Dec 16, 2004
  14. John

    EMB Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:

    > For **** sake that is even worse than being lazy you must be the most
    > selfish fuckwit lazy moron this side of anywhere!
    >
    > The fact is you have set up john at ihug for a shit load of spam, in
    > fact a track of your x-trace and an abuse complaint should get your
    > account closed for miss using that email address via a Wellington Ihug
    > connection.

    Especially as it's a valid email address. One fsckwit born every
    second. "John" your ass is grass. Kiss goodbye to your account you
    ignorant fool.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Dec 16, 2004
  15. John

    EMB Guest

    EMB, Dec 16, 2004
  16. John

    cowboyz Guest

    EMB wrote:
    > John wrote:
    >>
    >> Does everyone who uses this group need to follow this protocol?
    >> Stick it where you like mate!

    > The protocol is "why should we do anything for someone too lazy to
    > even make a basic effort at finding out for themselves?" Consider
    > yourself lucky you got a real answer in among that lot.

    You don't *have* to answer. As far as I can see there are many ways to
    find help on a subject. Google is a good one. Newsgroups is another.
    There is no reason why people shouldn't ask a question in a newsgroup and
    have it answered. On the other hand, if you wish to use newsgroups to ask
    questions you have to expect a certain about of crap from those who know
    everything.

    cowboyz, Dec 16, 2004
  17. John

    cowboyz Guest

    cowboyz, Dec 16, 2004
  18. Re: backup query

    In article <cpr2b4$dn6$>, EMB <>
    wrote:

    >Stick 'SharedHardlinkData' into google and go to the first page it
    >finds. Then read what it says, then come back and apologise for not
    >even making an effort to find out what it is.

    Or more succinctly, tell them to
    <http://www.fuckinggoogleit.com/?query=SharedHardlinkData>.

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Dec 16, 2004
  19. Re: backup query

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Dec 16, 2004
  20. EMB wrote:
    >> when I backup my documents to tape under XP I see this folder as being
    >> backed up as well - I have back up registry ticked, is this part of
    >> it?
    >> Folder C:\_SharedHardlinkData_

    > Stick 'SharedHardlinkData' into google and go to the first page it
    > finds. Then read what it says, then come back and apologise for not
    > even making an effort to find out what it is.

    heh, thats funny... and oh so true.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 16, 2004