    are True Image and Ghost. Any opinions on these or any other would be
    appreciated or should I just stick to the Windows XP backup?
    Thanks

    Blaze, Mar 11, 2005

  2. Blaze

    x@y Guest

    "Blaze" <> wrote in message
    news:lQjYd.1$FB6.0@trndny09...
    >I want to get a program to backup my system and the names I hear the most
    >are True Image and Ghost. Any opinions on these or any other would be
    >appreciated or should I just stick to the Windows XP backup?
    > Thanks

    There is one, called "Acronis True Image 8"
    It seems does everything, They have two Versions,
    one for Servers, one for Home & small Business.

    Try here: http://www.acronis.com/

    Good Luck x@y.

    x@y, Mar 11, 2005

  3. Blaze

    Kenny Guest

    With Ghost 9 you'll need a recovery CD and the only one I could find to
    download was in Spanish!
    I now use Acronis True Image, you create your own recovery CD with it.

    --

    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Mar 11, 2005
  4. Blaze

    AFK Guest

    do u mean to back up your data or create a system image?
    they r 2 different things.
    backing up data, even Nero can do it.
    there r loads, inc freeware from the net.

    AFK, Mar 11, 2005
  5. Blaze

    Martik Guest

    "Blaze" <> wrote in message
    >I want to get a program to backup my system and the names I hear the most
    >are True Image and Ghost. Any opinions on these or any other would be
    >appreciated or should I just stick to the Windows XP backup?
    > Thanks

    XP backup works for me

    Martik, Mar 11, 2005
  6. Blaze

    Aquanaut Guest

    "Blaze" <> wrote in message
    >I want to get a program to backup my system and the names I hear the most
    >are True Image and Ghost. Any opinions on these or any other would be
    >appreciated or should I just stick to the Windows XP backup?
    > Thanks

    if you mean to have a seperate backup of your system should your hd
    fail---get ghost and burn away,or install another drive and keep the image
    on that etc.
    xp backup is pretty basic,yes it will restore your system to an earlier
    time,however if the drive is knackered so is your recovery.

    Aquanaut, Mar 11, 2005
  7. Blaze

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Blaze" <> wrote in message
    >I want to get a program to backup my system and the names I hear the most
    >are True Image and Ghost. Any opinions on these or any other would be
    >appreciated or should I just stick to the Windows XP backup?
    > Thanks

    I've used Veritas Backup MyPC for years...it's now marketed by Sonic and
    Stompsoft.

    http://www.sonic.com/products/backupmypc/default.asp
    http://www.stompsoft.com/backupmypc.html

    It backs up to tape, CDRW, DVD-RW, hard drive, etc.

    You set it up to do a backup of the files in certain folders, and schedule
    it to run daily or weekly or whatever schedule you want. It will do full,
    incremental or differential backups, with or without compression, and will
    automatically verify the backup if you want it to.

    Toolman Tim, Mar 12, 2005