    able to backup overnight. Alternatively, I have heard that XP Professional
    has a backup facility but 'Home' has not and all that you need to do is copy
    a file from 'Professional'. Any thoughts from anyone?

    John P, Feb 18, 2006

  2. John P wrote:
    > Can anybody suggest a good freeware backup programme, I would like to be
    > able to backup overnight. Alternatively, I have heard that XP Professional
    > has a backup facility but 'Home' has not and all that you need to do is copy
    > a file from 'Professional'. Any thoughts from anyone?

    Winzip does a pretty decent job for me with the command line support, I
    set up tasks with task manager and it backs up whatever I want when I am
    in the land of nod.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Feb 18, 2006

  3. John P

    old jon Guest

    "John P" <> wrote in message
    > Can anybody suggest a good freeware backup programme, I would like to be
    > able to backup overnight. Alternatively, I have heard that XP Professional
    > has a backup facility but 'Home' has not and all that you need to do is
    > copy
    > a file from 'Professional'. Any thoughts from anyone?

    Hi John. Try SyncBack, it`s free. Get it here:
    www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/syncback-hub.html

    --
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Feb 18, 2006
  4. John P

    AGEE Guest

    On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 10:20:47 -0000, "John P" <> wrote:

    >Can anybody suggest a good freeware backup programme, I would like to be
    >able to backup overnight. Alternatively, I have heard that XP Professional
    >has a backup facility but 'Home' has not and all that you need to do is copy
    >a file from 'Professional'. Any thoughts from anyone?

    I used taskzip freeware. easy to set up for a novice and control.
    http://www.matpie.drw.net/PBSystems/products/taskzip/TZip.html

    AGEE, Feb 18, 2006
  5. John P

    Spuds Guest

    On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 10:20:47 -0000, "John P" <> wrote:

    >Can anybody suggest a good freeware backup programme, I would like to be
    >able to backup overnight. Alternatively, I have heard that XP Professional
    >has a backup facility but 'Home' has not and all that you need to do is copy
    >a file from 'Professional'. Any thoughts from anyone?

    Cobian backup
    http://www.educ.umu.se/~cobian/cobianbackup.htm

    Spuds, Feb 18, 2006
  6. John P

    John P Guest

    Thanks folks for all your ideas - I'm off to try them now..................

    John P, Feb 19, 2006