    or export each folder?
    Thanks for any help you can give.

    AJF
    Alan Franzi, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Alan Franzi

    rifleman Guest

    "Alan Franzi" <> wrote in message
    news:avqyb.132568$...
    > Hello,
    > I am running outlook XP on windows XP.
    > I am confused about the most efficient/simple way to backup the personal
    > folders on another disk and then how they can be restored if need be. Is
    > there a folder or way that to backup all the content or do I need to

    archive
    > or export each folder?
    > Thanks for any help you can give.
    >
    > AJF

    Outlook only has ONE file - it has the extension pst. make a copy of that.

    If you are using Outlook EXPRESS ( and the two are COMPLETELY different
    programs) try here:
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm
    rifleman, Nov 30, 2003

  3. Alan Franzi

    Liz Guest

    "Alan Franzi" wrote
    > Hello,
    > I am running outlook XP on windows XP.
    > I am confused about the most efficient/simple way to backup the personal
    > folders on another disk and then how they can be restored if need be. Is
    > there a folder or way that to backup all the content or do I need to archive
    > or export each folder?

    PST file is the file Outlook uses to store it's items in for all
    accounts other than an Exchange account. Close Outlook before
    copying a PST file. You can back-up to CD-ROM, an Outlook
    PST file can become very large.

    Outlook Backup/Restore Tutorial.
    http://www.sitedeveloper.ws/tutorials/outlook.htm

    By the way, download and install the PST back-up add-in from
    Microsoft, it's an automated backup application for Outlook
    2000/2002/2003 users. The Personal Folders Backup creates
    backup copies of your .PST files at regular intervals, making it
    easy to keep all of your Outlook folders safely backed up.

    Outlook 2003 Add-in: Personal Folders Backup
    http://tinyurl.com/peq8
    Liz, Nov 30, 2003