    How could I make a backup of my Firefox 3 bookmarks?

    Sincerely,

    Barry Karas

    Barry Karas, Mar 1, 2009

  2. Barry Karas

    Ian Whyte Guest

    "Barry Karas" <> wrote in news:XOsql.13852$D32.7351
    @flpi146.ffdc.sbc.com:

    > How could I make a backup of my Firefox 3 bookmarks?
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Barry Karas

    Bookmarks/organise bookmarks/import and backup/backup.

    Ian Whyte, Mar 1, 2009

  3. Barry Karas wrote:
    > How could I make a backup of my Firefox 3 bookmarks?
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Barry Karas

    I would suggest adding your entire profile folder to your regular backup
    routine. That will save your bookmarks and more.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Mar 2, 2009
  4. Barry Karas

    John Doe Guest

    Leonidas Jones <> wrote:

    > I would suggest adding your entire profile folder to your regular
    > backup routine. That will save your bookmarks and more.

    Is this the path in Windows XP?
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile?
    Just copy the folder?
    Thanks.

    John Doe, Mar 2, 2009
  5. Barry Karas

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On 2009-03-02 18:35, John Doe wrote:

    > Leonidas Jones <> wrote:
    >
    >> I would suggest adding your entire profile folder to your regular
    >> backup routine. That will save your bookmarks and more.

    > Is this the path in Windows XP?
    > C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile?

    No.

    That is not your profile. That contains default settings for any new profiles
    which you create.

    To find the path to your profile, see http://support.mozilla.com/en-us/kb/Profiles
    or http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder

    > Just copy the folder?

    Yes -- but copy the correct folder.

    --
    Regards
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Mar 2, 2009
  6. John Doe wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones <> wrote:
    >
    >> I would suggest adding your entire profile folder to your regular
    >> backup routine. That will save your bookmarks and more.

    > Is this the path in Windows XP?
    > C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile?
    > Just copy the folder?
    > Thanks.

    no its not:
    http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/profiles#How_to_find_your_profile

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Mar 2, 2009