Backup IOS image

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by JustMe, Jul 9, 2004.

  1. JustMe

    JustMe Guest

    slipstream_242 wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I guess I`m missing something simple but trying to backup the ios image
    > to a tftp server wont work. I am running a tftp client and the IP address is
    > reachable from all of the devices I want to backup. I put everything in but
    > when it asks for the destination name it fails. What am I missing here?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Gordon

    on a standard tftp server, file must already exist (and be writable by
    the tftp daemon, for the transfer to begin...

    slipstream_242, Jul 9, 2004

  3. JustMe

    News Account Guest

    You need a "tftp server" not a "tftp client".

    News Account, Jul 9, 2004
  4. Sorry my typo, I have a tftp server DOH.

    I have managed to sort it out, was missing part of the command.

    Thanks all

    slipstream_242, Jul 9, 2004