    Is it possible to do that??

    Please help.
    , Jun 11, 2006

  2. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > I got a new 250GB external drive for backup purposes. I have a lot of
    > installed programs on my laptop and I want to take backup of specific
    > installed programs, like say SAP frontend, Microsoft One Note etc.
    >
    > Is it possible to do that??

    Yes. No problem.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 11, 2006

  3. Guest

    How exactly can I do that? Thank you for your help, in advance.

    Plato wrote:
    > wrote:
    > >
    > > I got a new 250GB external drive for backup purposes. I have a lot of
    > > installed programs on my laptop and I want to take backup of specific
    > > installed programs, like say SAP frontend, Microsoft One Note etc.
    > >
    > > Is it possible to do that??

    > Yes. No problem.
    >
    > --
    > http://www.bootdisk.com/
    , Jun 11, 2006
  4. philo Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > How exactly can I do that? Thank you for your help, in advance.
    >
    > Plato wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >> >
    >> > I got a new 250GB external drive for backup purposes. I have a lot of
    >> > installed programs on my laptop and I want to take backup of specific
    >> > installed programs, like say SAP frontend, Microsoft One Note etc.
    >> >
    >> > Is it possible to do that??

    >> Yes. No problem.

    Just take the installation cd's for your programs
    and burn them to the harddrive as .iso (image) files...
    that way you can always create a new installation disk.

    There is not a way to just copy the programs over
    as they will not work...due to registry entries being needed etc.
    however, you could do an entire harddrive backup if you want
    philo, Jun 11, 2006