    looks like it will restore ALL my email from my last backup. I am
    looking for a system to backup TB which allows me to restore selected
    email folders only. Does anyone here know of such a TB backup system?

    mineola, Jun 9, 2008

  2. mineola wrote:
    > Most often, when I need to restore some stuff in TB it's an individual
    > email folder and not ALL my email. I use MozBackup to back up TB, it
    > looks like it will restore ALL my email from my last backup. I am
    > looking for a system to backup TB which allows me to restore selected
    > email folders only. Does anyone here know of such a TB backup system?

    zip program

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jun 9, 2008

  3. mineola

    mineola Guest

    On Jun 9, 2:18 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    <> wrote:

    > zip program

    What does THAT mean to a newbie like me?

    mineola, Jun 9, 2008
  4. mineola wrote:
    > On Jun 9, 2:18 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> zip program

    > What does THAT mean to a newbie like me?

    how am I supposed to know you're a newbie? You didn't say
    that. I figured if you know how to work mozbackup, then you
    should know how to work your zip program.

    A Zip program is a program that will zip and compact files,
    or folders such as winzip, 7zip, pkzip, and so forth.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jun 10, 2008
  5. mineola wrote:
    > Most often, when I need to restore some stuff in TB it's an individual
    > email folder and not ALL my email. I use MozBackup to back up TB, it
    > looks like it will restore ALL my email from my last backup. I am
    > looking for a system to backup TB which allows me to restore selected
    > email folders only. Does anyone here know of such a TB backup system?

    A scheme for selected Thunderbird backup.

    Put the email you wish to archive and backup into a specific folder with
    a unique name (i.e. June2008 or some such)

    Quit Thunderbird.

    Navigate to your profile and into the Mail folder therein.
    You will find the files June2008, June2008.msf, and (perhaps) June2008.sbd.

    Remove the file June2008 and store it elsewhere on your hard drive.
    Leave the files June2008.msf and June2008.sbd (if existing)

    Now, when you wish to access those messages, simply drop the file back
    into where you got it from and access it with Thunderbird.

    Not exactly what you wished for, as to have to sort prior to access, but
    it does provide for restoring selected folders.

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jun 10, 2008