Backup Error: The device reported an error on a request to write data to media. Error reported: bad

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ismaiel, Oct 26, 2004.

  1. Ismaiel

    Ismaiel Guest

    Hi,

    I am working with Windows 2003 Standard Edition, and I have scheduled
    a job at midnight but it didn't work correctly because after 1 minute
    stopped with this error: "The device reported an error on a request to
    write data to media. Error reported: bad data."

    I searched in the internet, but I found a hotfix related with this
    issue which is in this link http://support.microsoft.com/?id=817688
    but it didn't do any thing for me in this error, but I applied this
    fix when I was getting this problem with another reason which is
    "Hardware Failure", but now I am getting Bad Data error! I am using
    Seagate DAT 9SP40-000 SCSI Sequential Device as tape drive.

    We have several servers which has this tape drive, and none of them
    cause any problem except one drive which working on a server that run
    with SQL and MS CRM.

    Can you please assist me?

    its very urgent.

    Many thanks,