    What a way for the vendor to make you buy it. They won't get my money.

    FYI
    The dum one

    Frankin, Mar 17, 2005

  2. Frankin

    Plato Guest

    Frankin wrote:

    > I did the dumbest thing, I backed up my e-mail using a trial version of
    > backup e-mail and when you go to restore the e-mail you have to buy it,
    > What a way for the vendor to make you buy it. They won't get my money.

    It's a shame people who write software to support their families have to
    sell it eh?

    Plato, Mar 17, 2005

  3. Frankin

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Frankin composed the following;:
    > Hi,
    > I did the dumbest thing, I backed up my e-mail using a trial version
    > of backup e-mail and when you go to restore the e-mail you have to
    > buy it, What a way for the vendor to make you buy it. They won't get
    > my money.

    Did it work properly though? If it did then it'd be money, apparently,
    well spent.

    However, a quick basic search would also elicit the means with which to
    backup data FOC.

    --
    Paul ...
    (8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

    Paul - xxx, Mar 17, 2005
  4. Paul - xxx wrote:
    > Frankin composed the following;:
    >> Hi, I did the dumbest thing, I backed up my e-mail using a trial
    >> version of backup e-mail and when you go to restore the e-mail you
    >> have to buy it, What a way for the vendor to make you buy it. They
    >> won't get my money.

    > Did it work properly though? If it did then it'd be money,
    > apparently, well spent.

    As for deception, there is none. From the program's own site, from the
    download page:

    "Quick Facts Backup E-mail works with Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP. The
    trial version you download here does not restore backups. For
    restoration, purchase the full version."

    It often pays to go to the source, and not "Billybob's By Gum
    Downloading Middleman For No Reason Website, Inc."

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 17, 2005
  5. Frankin

    Plato Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > It often pays to go to the source, and not "Billybob's By Gum
    > Downloading Middleman For No Reason Website, Inc."

    Grin. Sounds like my website. I try to link to apps with no suprises,
    but alas, things change, and often the source modifies their program to
    include suprises that didn't exist when I first linked to them.

    Plato, Mar 17, 2005
  6. Frankin

    Frankin Guest

    Hi,
    I dont mind to pay for the software. It's a 15-Day trial, Into day two,could
    have a full version, not just part of it working. How do I know if the full
    version works ok. It's a surpise to me , thats all.

    Frankin, Mar 17, 2005
  7. Frankin

    tango Guest

    Plato <|@|.|> wrote in news:42391c61$0$62175$:

    > Frankin wrote:
    >>
    >> I did the dumbest thing, I backed up my e-mail using a trial version of
    >> backup e-mail and when you go to restore the e-mail you have to buy it,
    >> What a way for the vendor to make you buy it. They won't get my money.

    > It's a shame people who write software to support their families have to
    > sell it eh?

    Actually its much easier to direct newbies to a site which charges for info
    which is readily available instead of suggesting they do a search for it.

    tango, Mar 18, 2005
  8. Frankin

    Joni Guest

    What Email client you trying to backup ?

    Joni, Mar 18, 2005