  1. Neilianos69

    Neilianos69 Guest

    anyone know any websites/people that sell "backup" dvd's???

    Neilianos69, Sep 23, 2003

  2. Neilianos69 wrote:

    > anyone know any websites/people that sell "backup" dvd's???

    <http://www.dvdpricesearch.com> will give you the lowest prices among
    all of the etailers they list. All of them sell "backup" DVDs.

    Matthew

    --
    <http://www.mlmartin.com/bbq/>

    Thermodynamics For Dummies: You can't win.
    You can't break even.
    You can't get out of the game.

    Matthew L. Martin, Sep 23, 2003

  3. Neilianos69

    Richard C. Guest

    ==============================
    www.amazon.com sells thousands of them.........

    Richard C., Sep 23, 2003
  4. Neilianos69

    buck Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Neilianos69 wrote:
    >
    > > anyone know any websites/people that sell "backup" dvd's???

    > <http://www.dvdpricesearch.com> will give you the lowest prices among
    > all of the etailers they list. All of them sell "backup" DVDs.
    >
    > Matthew

    Hey Mat!!

    I get all MY "back-ups" at Wal-Mart on the day of release!!!! Usually
    (if I include shipping in the calculation) I'm within a dollar of the e-
    tailers selling backups..

    My "backup" of "The Two Towers" was $11.88!

    Pretty cheap for a "backup" of a movie that cost 60 GAZZILLION dollars
    to produce.

    Been meaning to ask you...do you actually buy "backup" disks, or do you
    (like me) make children and strangers keep thier sticky ball scratchers
    OFF the disks???

    So far I have only purchased backups for 2 of the movies in my
    collection (from the "used" bin for $5 at the local Mom&Pop rental
    place).

    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct

    buck, Sep 23, 2003
  5. buck wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >
    >>Neilianos69 wrote:
    >>

    >>>anyone know any websites/people that sell "backup" dvd's???

    >><http://www.dvdpricesearch.com> will give you the lowest prices among
    >>all of the etailers they list. All of them sell "backup" DVDs.
    >>
    >>Matthew
    >>

    > Hey Mat!!
    >
    > I get all MY "back-ups" at Wal-Mart on the day of release!!!! Usually
    > (if I include shipping in the calculation) I'm within a dollar of the e-
    > tailers selling backups..
    >
    > My "backup" of "The Two Towers" was $11.88!
    >
    > Pretty cheap for a "backup" of a movie that cost 60 GAZZILLION dollars
    > to produce.

    Sure enough!

    > Been meaning to ask you...do you actually buy "backup" disks, or do you
    > (like me) make children and strangers keep thier sticky ball scratchers
    > OFF the disks???

    That's basically the way things happen here. If you can't handle a DVD
    without damaging it, you'd better have enough money to replace it:)

    > So far I have only purchased backups for 2 of the movies in my
    > collection (from the "used" bin for $5 at the local Mom&Pop rental
    > place).

    My backups are usually re-issues.

    Matthew

    Matthew L. Martin, Sep 23, 2003
  6. Neilianos69

    buck Guest

    > > Been meaning to ask you...do you actually buy "backup" disks, or do you
    > > (like me) make children and strangers keep thier sticky ball scratchers
    > > OFF the disks???

    > That's basically the way things happen here. If you can't handle a DVD
    > without damaging it, you'd better have enough money to replace it:)
    >
    > > So far I have only purchased backups for 2 of the movies in my
    > > collection (from the "used" bin for $5 at the local Mom&Pop rental
    > > place).
    > >

    > My backups are usually re-issues.
    >
    > Matthew

    This is NOT a new problem. I was a young father with a BIG collection of
    12" vinyl (which is MORE easily damaged than a DvD) and later a large
    collection of BETA, VHS, and U-matic tapes (including childrens titles).

    It was understood that those things were MINE and could be
    viewed/listened to on my terms only. Never caused a problem in my house.
    Then again, I never allowed the VCR to be a baby sitter. Childrens
    movies are supposed to be viewed WITH the children, not in a closed room
    with the child/children unsupervised.

    If its done this way, the children never need to handle the material.

    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.

    buck, Sep 23, 2003
  7. On 23 Sep 2003 13:16:47 GMT, (Neilianos69) wrote:

    >anyone know any websites/people that sell "backup" dvd's???

    nope!

    Doc Speedbyrd

    Doc Speedbyrd, Sep 24, 2003