    Would a modern player be more immune to this? Thanks.

    Jer

    , Dec 21, 2004

  2. What The Guest

    dvd player might be getting a bit hot.

    What The, Dec 21, 2004

  3. Pug Fugley Guest

    It's amazing that your A120 still works. This (along with the A110) was one
    of the models that started the class action lawsuit against Panasonic.

    My advice, it's time to replace it.

    Pug Fugley, Dec 21, 2004
  4. sbc_yahoo Guest

    Yea, my panasonic dvd player did exactly the same thing. Unfortunately (or
    fortunately) my patience was limited, so it got tossed into the trash bin
    quickly. I got a new Panasonic with 5 dvd carosel, and no more problems.
    Never did try turning it off, though, just tossed it.

    sbc_yahoo, Dec 23, 2004
  5. Erik Guest

    I was having very similar issues as well with a 2 yr old Toshiba
    playing DVD-R's. Hoping to get a new player soon which will hopefully
    resolve this?

    Erik, Dec 27, 2004
  6. Nick Guest

    In relation to this...my mum&dad have got a new (but v.cheap, never heard of
    the make) DVD player which 'freezes' on some dvd's (but not most) - if you
    search forward a few seconds its usually OK. These discs are fine on my Sony
    home cinema system - is it the v.cheap dvd player that's causing the
    problem, getting too hot maybe? (Although it was fine with Return of the
    King for four hours!)

    Nick

    Nick, Dec 29, 2004