    XD I had to copy to the CF and then plug the CF into the HDD.

    Are there any card reader/portable HDDs that definitely work with XD
    cards?

    MikeM, Mar 1, 2007

  2. MikeM

    JohnR66 Guest

    "MikeM" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a Compact Drive 70x with built-in card readers. It downloads
    > the CF cards to the portable HDD with no problems. It starts
    > downloading xd cards but stops about half way. I just bought a H XD to
    > use with my Oly C-7070 to test the card reader because I was thinking
    > of getting an Oly SP-550UZ for a 3-month overseas trip. I don't have a
    > lap top or access to a computer while I am away so I need to download
    > to the portable HDD. On my last trip I found that to download from the
    > XD I had to copy to the CF and then plug the CF into the HDD.
    >
    > Are there any card reader/portable HDDs that definitely work with XD
    > cards?

    Check the specs to be sure any device you plan to use the new type of xD
    cards in is compatible. It is looking more like xD is on its way out thanks
    to the popularity of SD. Fujifilm, one of the few supporters of xD has put a
    dual xD/SD card slot in new cameras indicating the possibility of abandoning
    the xD format.
    John

    JohnR66, Mar 1, 2007

  3. MikeM

    MikeM Guest

    Unfortunately for me they made the 550UZ XD only. It will probably be
    the last model to have XD only. The XD H works in my C-7070, but I
    only use it when the CF is full and I don't have my backup drive with
    me.

    MikeM, Mar 1, 2007