    would be appreciated. Am running Vista Home Premier. Am I worried
    unnecessarily?
    Frank
    Frank, Jan 19, 2009

  2. Frank

    Jim Guest

    Frank wrote:
    > I'd like to download all my TB files to a DVD to backup in case of a
    > hard drive failure but cannot figure how to do this. I downloaded
    > Mozbackup and have run that but where does it go when run? Guidance
    > would be appreciated. Am running Vista Home Premier. Am I worried
    > unnecessarily?
    > Frank

    Is it really necessary to backup everything? Backup your address book(s)
    and save that.

    After the big 'crash' just install a copy of the ThunderBird, import
    those saved address, and away you go.
    Jim, Jan 19, 2009

  3. Frank

    Justin Guest

    Jim wrote on [Mon, 19 Jan 2009 08:21:25 -0800]:
    > Frank wrote:
    >> I'd like to download all my TB files to a DVD to backup in case of a
    >> hard drive failure but cannot figure how to do this. I downloaded
    >> Mozbackup and have run that but where does it go when run? Guidance
    >> would be appreciated. Am running Vista Home Premier. Am I worried
    >> unnecessarily?
    >> Frank

    > Is it really necessary to backup everything? Backup your address book(s)
    > and save that.
    >
    > After the big 'crash' just install a copy of the ThunderBird, import
    > those saved address, and away you go.

    And how does that save the actual email?
    Justin, Jan 19, 2009
  4. Frank

    Frank Guest

    On Jan 19, 1:28 pm, Ed Mullen <> wrote:
    > Jim wrote:
    > > Justin wrote:

    > >> And how does that save the actual email?

    > > First, I stand corrected.  You want to backup the profile as mentioned
    > > by Peter.

    > > Is it the email program information or the emails that you want to save?
    > >  The emails themselves can be saved as files and then copied to a CD.

    > The emails ARE files in the profile folder.  Saving the entire profile
    > will save all the emails as well as the mail folder structure, address
    > books, preferences, etc.
    >
    > --
    > Ed Mullenhttp://edmullen.net
    > The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a
    > replacement.

    Thanks to all. Finally been able to find the folder and save it.

    Frank
    Frank, Jan 19, 2009