    Does any know of such a program ?

    Thanks much,

    Perk :)>)

    Perk, Mar 14, 2006

  2. Perk

    jb Guest

    Perk wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Sometime ago I remember seeing a program that will easily back up your
    > email and address book in Thunderbird. I thought I had installed it but
    > can't locate it now.
    >
    > Does any know of such a program ?
    >
    > Thanks much,
    >
    > Perk :)>)

    MozBackup

    jb, Mar 14, 2006

  3. Perk

    Perk Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > jb wrote:
    >
    >> Perk wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi all,
    >>>
    >>> Sometime ago I remember seeing a program that will easily back up
    >>> your email and address book in Thunderbird. I thought I had
    >>> installed it but can't locate it now.
    >>>
    >>> Does any know of such a program ?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks much,
    >>>
    >>> Perk :)>)

    >> MozBackup

    > or your zip program

    Thanks to all who responded.

    When I saw the name I was able to locate the one I had but it was an
    older version.

    Using the name, I was able to locate the newest one (Google) and
    download it.

    See http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

    Thanks again,

    Perk :)>)

    Perk, Mar 14, 2006
  4. Perk

    gwtc Guest

    jb wrote:

    > Perk wrote:
    >
    >>Hi all,
    >>
    >>Sometime ago I remember seeing a program that will easily back up your
    >>email and address book in Thunderbird. I thought I had installed it but
    >>can't locate it now.
    >>
    >>Does any know of such a program ?
    >>
    >>Thanks much,
    >>
    >>Perk :)>)

    > MozBackup

    or your zip program

    gwtc, Mar 14, 2006
  5. Perk

    jb Guest

    >>> Hi all,
    >>>
    >>> Sometime ago I remember seeing a program that will easily back up
    >>> your email and address book in Thunderbird. I thought I had
    >>> installed it but can't locate it now.
    >>>
    >>> Does any know of such a program ?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks much,
    >>>
    >>> Perk :)>)

    >> MozBackup

    > or your zip program

    Using a zip program may be better, as you can restore to any profile.

    jb, Mar 17, 2006
  6. Perk

    Perk Guest

    jb wrote:

    >>> MozBackup

    >> or your zip program

    > Using a zip program may be better, as you can restore to any profile.

    If you were to do it that way, how does one know which files to work on?

    It seems to me that both FF and TB have a sort of hodge podge of file
    locations and, I would think you'd have to get all the correct ones.

    Would you just Zip the profile ?

    Thanks,

    Perk

    Perk, Mar 17, 2006
  7. Perk wrote:

    >>> or your zip program

    >> Using a zip program may be better, as you can restore to any profile.

    > If you were to do it that way, how does one know which files to work on?
    >
    > It seems to me that both FF and TB have a sort of hodge podge of file
    > locations and, I would think you'd have to get all the correct ones.
    >
    > Would you just Zip the profile ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Perk

    You simply zip the profile
    For Thunderbird, profile location is as per the read me for the program
    (varies by OS)
    For Firefox, its read me, lists it's profile locations (varies by OS again)

    If you zip the profile, then thats your backup, includes all your mail,
    passwords, settings and so on.
    With Firefox, it also include your bookmarks.

    Just like OE and IE dont keep data in the same place as each other,
    neither do FF and TB, they are separate programs

    Moz Champion (Dan), Mar 17, 2006
  8. Perk

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Perk wrote:

    >>> or your zip program

    >> Using a zip program may be better, as you can restore to any profile.

    > If you were to do it that way, how does one know which files to work on?
    >
    > It seems to me that both FF and TB have a sort of hodge podge of file
    > locations and, I would think you'd have to get all the correct ones.
    >
    > Would you just Zip the profile ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Perk

    The stuff you need to back up is all in the profile with, perhaps, the
    exception of plugins which are in their own folder within the program
    installation folder. Just zip (or use your regular backup program) to
    archive the whole profile (without the cache folder). Do it regularly
    and religiously. then if there's a problem you can restore individual
    files as needed.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Mar 17, 2006
  9. Perk

    Z Guest

    Perk wrote:
    > It seems to me that both FF and TB have a sort of hodge podge of file
    > locations and, I would think you'd have to get all the correct ones.
    >
    > Would you just Zip the profile ?

    The profile*S* (and all subfolder/subdirectories). The FF profile is in
    a different location than the TB profile.

    Z, Mar 17, 2006