Backing up the Windows XP Registry?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Eileen, Feb 5, 2005.

  1. Eileen

    Eileen Guest

    Eileen, Feb 5, 2005

  2. Eileen

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Eileen" <> wrote in message
    news:zZ6Nd.155694$...
    |I am trying to learn how to Edit the WINDOWS XP Registry and have a
    | question, I need to fix my Desktop icon problem and I need help, I have
    made
    | a web page to help me explain what I need to know.
    | http://home.att.net/~agent99/zoom/backup_the__registry.html
    | Thanks for any help

    You made your backup, right? What you put there looks correct - now delete
    the item the green arrow is pointing at.

    Toolman Tim, Feb 5, 2005

  3. Eileen

    °Mike° Guest

    The green arrow is pointing to the KEY (sort of like
    a folder). The red arrow is pointing to a VALUE.
    So, it is the green KEY that you need to back up
    and delete.

    On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 17:01:19 GMT, in
    <zZ6Nd.155694$>
    Eileen scrawled: