    There is no CD burner, no USB port. He is on dial-up internet.

    How do I backup several megabytes of old email messages on to floppies? The
    standard techniques make one very big backup file.

    fruitbat, Jan 27, 2004

  2. fruitbat

    I-Hate-Spam Guest

    Install another disk as a slave on the system and copy then files on the new
    disk. Or you can run ghost on the machine and create a clone of the disk.
    You could also rusn ghost and create an image on the new disk.

    I-Hate-Spam, Jan 27, 2004

  3. fruitbat

    -------> Ian Guest

    "fruitbat" <> wrote:

    >I understand the regular methods for backing up messages in OE6.
    >My friend has an old Pentium 1 with 32MB RAM, a small hard disc that is
    >almost full.
    >There is no CD burner, no USB port. He is on dial-up internet.
    >
    >How do I backup several megabytes of old email messages on to floppies? The
    >standard techniques make one very big backup file.

    E-mails in OE are held in .dbx files. They are named the same as the
    folders they are in (inbox.dbx etc.). You can manually copy these
    files, and then use a Zip programme to zip them across multiple
    floppies.

    Or just zip the big backup file you created across multiple floppies.

    -------> Ian, Jan 27, 2004