    owner's manual and checked on Dell's site on the internet.

    Thank you,
    Sammie

    Sam, Jun 28, 2003

  2. Sam

    Shep© Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 01:22:03 GMT, Whilst playing Smegball with the
    scutters "Sam" <> wrote :

    >I need to back up my hard drive in order to reformat it. I have a CD/RW/
    >DVD/RW drive. My computer is a Dell Dimension 4600. I've read in my
    >owner's manual and checked on Dell's site on the internet.
    >
    >Thank you,
    >Sammie

    What operating system and why do you want to re-format?

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,

    Shep©, Jun 28, 2003

  3. Sam

    Mitch Guest

    In article <%46La.35251$>, Sam
    <> wrote:

    > I need to back up my hard drive in order to reformat it. I have a CD/RW/
    > DVD/RW drive. My computer is a Dell Dimension 4600. I've read in my
    > owner's manual and checked on Dell's site on the internet.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Sammie

    Well, "backing up" could mean all kinds of things.
    Do you simply need copies of your own files, copies of software too, a
    full archive of the entire drive condition, or something that you can
    restart from and reinstall right from disc?

    Also, obviously, you MUST tell us the OS you are talking about. It
    certainly isn't obvious or simple to guess.

    Mitch, Jun 29, 2003