    i am using smartripper & nero 6 on winxp with optorite dvd rw,
    tia
    gordon.

    GORDON EDWARDS, Dec 27, 2003

  2. GORDON EDWARDS wrote:

    >hi
    >when trying to back up a dvd i managed to copy it to the harddrive of the pc
    >but when i tried burning it to dvdr it says there is too much for the dvdr
    >to take,
    >the dvdr is ritek 4xdvdr with 4.7gb capacity but when looking at the size of
    >the film on the h/d it is 7.3 gb,
    >any ideas of a way round this?
    >i am using smartripper & nero 6 on winxp with optorite dvd rw,
    >tia
    >gordon.

    It has to be compressed.
    Free software - http://www.dvdshrink.org/

    Bill Schnakenberg, Dec 27, 2003

  3. GORDON EDWARDS

    Erik Guest

    > the dvdr is ritek 4xdvdr with 4.7gb capacity but when looking at the size
    of
    > the film on the h/d it is 7.3 gb,
    > any ideas of a way round this?

    the film is 7.3gb. cause its double-layer..

    you are probably using a single-layer dvd-r which only can hold up to 4.7.

    can your writer burn double-layer dvd's?? then try the double-sided dvd's..
    then you can get up to 18gb on a single dvd!!

    ... or RIP the film to mpg format.. approx. 1 - 1.5gb (use DvDx)

    greetings! Erik

    Erik, Dec 27, 2003
  4. GORDON EDWARDS

    Budweiser Guest

    seek out "clone dvd "and run "any dvd" along side

    burn image with nero
    no messing with compression et al

    Budweiser, Dec 28, 2003
  5. GORDON EDWARDS

    ErmYouKnow Guest

    I use DVD Decrypter in conjunction with CloneDVD - makes perfect copies.
    (Note, DVD Decypter IS free, however you can use CloneDVD upto 30 days)

    ErmYouKnow, Dec 28, 2003