    disc. I use Roxio's disc copier, but when I get to the "please insert a
    blank DVD+R" stage, it's looking for a 4.8 GB disc or more! Can DVD+R's
    be bought with more than 4.4 GB?

    funkifized, Jan 4, 2007

  2. funkifized

    jayembee Guest

    "funkifized" <> wrote:

    > I use Roxio's disc copier, but when I get to the "please insert a
    > blank DVD+R" stage, it's looking for a 4.8 GB disc or more! Can
    > DVD+R's be bought with more than 4.4 GB?

    Yes, if you want to spend the extra money to get 8.5Gb DL (Dual
    Layer) DVDs.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jan 5, 2007

  3. On 4 Jan 2007 14:54:53 -0800, "funkifized" <> wrote:

    >The problem I'm having in backing up my own DVDs, the ones that I paid
    >for, and should be able to make copies for my own use, is not the copy
    >protection, but I'm finding that there's too much information on the
    >disc. I use Roxio's disc copier, but when I get to the "please insert a
    >blank DVD+R" stage, it's looking for a 4.8 GB disc or more! Can DVD+R's
    >be bought with more than 4.4 GB?

    Try using DVD Shrink. It works in concert with NERO
    and it will shrink the info to fit your DVD's.
    Hope this helps...
    Peace,
    Franke
    LET'S GO METS!!!

    Franke Carlino, Jan 5, 2007
  4. funkifized

    funkifized Guest

    Franke Carlino wrote:
    > On 4 Jan 2007 14:54:53 -0800, "funkifized" <> wrote:
    >
    > >The problem I'm having in backing up my own DVDs, the ones that I paid
    > >for, and should be able to make copies for my own use, is not the copy
    > >protection, but I'm finding that there's too much information on the
    > >disc. I use Roxio's disc copier, but when I get to the "please insert a
    > >blank DVD+R" stage, it's looking for a 4.8 GB disc or more! Can DVD+R's
    > >be bought with more than 4.4 GB?

    > Try using DVD Shrink. It works in concert with NERO
    > and it will shrink the info to fit your DVD's.
    > Hope this helps...
    > Peace,
    > Franke
    > LET'S GO METS!!!

    I don't use NERO, though. Will it work with Roxio?

    funkifized, Jan 5, 2007
  5. "funkifized" <> wrote in message

    > Franke Carlino wrote:
    >> On 4 Jan 2007 14:54:53 -0800, "funkifized" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >The problem I'm having in backing up my own DVDs, the ones that I paid
    >> >for, and should be able to make copies for my own use, is not the copy
    >> >protection, but I'm finding that there's too much information on the
    >> >disc. I use Roxio's disc copier, but when I get to the "please insert a
    >> >blank DVD+R" stage, it's looking for a 4.8 GB disc or more! Can DVD+R's
    >> >be bought with more than 4.4 GB?

    >> Try using DVD Shrink. It works in concert with NERO
    >> and it will shrink the info to fit your DVD's.
    >> Hope this helps...
    >> Peace,
    >> Franke
    >> LET'S GO METS!!!

    > I don't use NERO, though. Will it work with Roxio?

    DVDShrink is a standalone program that simply shrinks the file size of the
    original files. You can either shrink the whole disk or say just select the
    movie (less shrinking = better picture quality) You can then burn the
    resulting VIDEO_TS folder that contains all the files using ANY burning
    program like NeroExpress or Roxio or etc etc.

    You may have to use a decrypter first as some DVD's protection beyond
    DVDShrink. Look up DVDFABDecrypter (free) as complete solution.

    Little Red Hen, Jan 5, 2007