Backing up an Windows XP pc

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ErmYouKnow, Jan 2, 2004.

  1. ErmYouKnow

    ErmYouKnow Guest

    Hello all,

    I'm about to take install various software (Mozilla and Eudora), and would
    like to backup my system onto DVD. Reason being is that I have previously
    had Mozilla on my computer and for some reason I uninstalled it and used IE.
    The problem is, when i went back to IE, webpages looked so much different
    (the text was a LOT bigger (twice the size)) compared to before I installed
    Mozilla.

    Now previously when I had Windows 98se I could backup my drive onto another
    drive using Norton Ghost (version 2002 I think). I used a Norton Ghost boot
    disk to create the backup. But now that I've got Windows XP and using a
    NTFS file partition I don't know if I could use the same method (using a
    Ghost boot disk to create the backup) if I where to go out and purchase the
    latest version.

    Does the latest version of Ghost still use the same process of backing up a
    harddrive (i.e. using a Ghost boot disk).

    Regards,

    ErmYouKnow, Jan 2, 2004

  2. ErmYouKnow

    ErmYouKnow Guest

    anyone?

    ErmYouKnow, Jan 3, 2004

  3. ErmYouKnow

    Billh Guest

    Yes you can set it up to use the boot disk but Ghost 2003 has a nice feature
    where you set up what you want Ghost to do say backup your hard drive to a
    DVD burner and Ghost will reboot your computer turn back on run the back up
    and then reboot back to windows for you no floppy needed.

    Billh, Jan 3, 2004
  4. ErmYouKnow

    ErmYouKnow Guest

    Thank you Billh, much appreciated.