    menus on the new DVD...

    /Jari
    To reply by e-mail remove the ( and ) in the address.

    Jari Ivanoff, Sep 20, 2003

  2. "Jari Ivanoff" <jari.ivanoff(@)telia.com> wrote in message
    news:wQ%ab.29388$...
    > Hi!
    > Just wondering, what software is suitable to back up 2 DVD's to one DVD+R?
    > I haev the software to rip and decrypt and burn, but I am curious about
    > "re-compressing" and re-authoring the movies but be able to keep all the
    > sound and subtitles and stuff.And then it would be nice to put som cool
    > menus on the new DVD...
    >
    > /Jari
    > To reply by e-mail remove the ( and ) in the address.

    If your trying to copy a dual DVD movie (ie, two 9.4GB DVDs) to one DVD+R
    (ie one 4.7GB DVD+R) without loosing any extras and stuff it is god damn
    near impossible.

    If you don't want to loose any quality, then you will be forced to use 4
    DVD+R, as each pressed DVD uses 9.4GB, twice the DVD+R capacity, so each
    pressed disc goes to 2 DVD+R discs, and you have two pressed DVDs, so use 4
    DVD+R.

    Sounds dumb, doesn't it. Well, it's what really happens.

    Naturally, you will be forced to "re-author" this if you intend upon keeping
    it down to 1 or 2 discs.

    There are only two types of dual-disc pressed movies, those with alot of
    extras, and those with alot of video space/runtime. If, for example, you
    have about a 160minute movie, you can fit that onto 1 DVD+R, if you only use
    1 audio stream, and cut out all the menus/extras. Odds are the video is of
    high enough quality that it can be re-encoded (with DVDShrink or DVD2ONE or
    DVDXCOPY or anything like that).

    Anonymous Joe, Sep 20, 2003

  3. Jari Ivanoff

    Jari Ivanoff Guest

    No, what I want to do is to take 2 DVD's, strip them from unnecessary stuff
    like extras, some subtitles and languages, perhaps compress them a little
    ( I have found DVDShrink now that does all of that ) and put them on one
    DVD-R. And of course make some nice menus and stuff too.. I have 2 VIDEO_TS
    directories now with one movie each, complete with VOB, IFO and BUP files
    ( 2.1 GB each ), what software do I need to "author" them onto one DVD
    (4.7GB)?
    /Jari

    Jari Ivanoff, Sep 21, 2003
  4. You're such a liar

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 22:32:44 GMT, "Jari Ivanoff" <jari.ivanoff(@)telia.com> wrote:

    >No, what I want to do is to take 2 DVD's, strip them from unnecessary stuff
    >like extras, some subtitles and languages, perhaps compress them a little
    >( I have found DVDShrink now that does all of that ) and put them on one
    >DVD-R. And of course make some nice menus and stuff too.. I have 2 VIDEO_TS
    >directories now with one movie each, complete with VOB, IFO and BUP files
    >( 2.1 GB each ), what software do I need to "author" them onto one DVD
    >(4.7GB)?
    >/Jari
    >
    >"Anonymous Joe" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >> "Jari Ivanoff" <jari.ivanoff(@)telia.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi!
    >> > Just wondering, what software is suitable to back up 2 DVD's to one

    >DVD+R?
    >> > I haev the software to rip and decrypt and burn, but I am curious about
    >> > "re-compressing" and re-authoring the movies but be able to keep all the
    >> > sound and subtitles and stuff.And then it would be nice to put som cool
    >> > menus on the new DVD...
    >> >
    >> > /Jari
    >> > To reply by e-mail remove the ( and ) in the address.

    >> If your trying to copy a dual DVD movie (ie, two 9.4GB DVDs) to one DVD+R
    >> (ie one 4.7GB DVD+R) without loosing any extras and stuff it is god damn
    >> near impossible.
    >>
    >> If you don't want to loose any quality, then you will be forced to use 4
    >> DVD+R, as each pressed DVD uses 9.4GB, twice the DVD+R capacity, so each
    >> pressed disc goes to 2 DVD+R discs, and you have two pressed DVDs, so use

    >4
    >> DVD+R.
    >>
    >> Sounds dumb, doesn't it. Well, it's what really happens.
    >>
    >> Naturally, you will be forced to "re-author" this if you intend upon

    >keeping
    >> it down to 1 or 2 discs.
    >>
    >> There are only two types of dual-disc pressed movies, those with alot of
    >> extras, and those with alot of video space/runtime. If, for example, you
    >> have about a 160minute movie, you can fit that onto 1 DVD+R, if you only

    >use
    >> 1 audio stream, and cut out all the menus/extras. Odds are the video is

    >of
    >> high enough quality that it can be re-encoded (with DVDShrink or DVD2ONE

    >or
    >> DVDXCOPY or anything like that).

    Doc Speedbyrd

    Doc Speedbyrd, Sep 22, 2003
  5. On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 17:08:44 GMT, "Jari Ivanoff" <jari.ivanoff(@)telia.com> wrote:

    >Hi!
    >Just wondering, what software is suitable to back up 2 DVD's to one DVD+R?
    >I haev the software to rip and decrypt and burn, but I am curious about
    >"re-compressing" and re-authoring the movies but be able to keep all the
    >sound and subtitles and stuff.And then it would be nice to put som cool
    >menus on the new DVD...
    >
    >/Jari
    >To reply by e-mail remove the ( and ) in the address.

    Just leave the fucking discs alone and watch them as they are. There's not need to back them up.
    You thieves never fool anyone

    Doc Speedbyrd

    Doc Speedbyrd, Sep 22, 2003