Background sounds in Firefox

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Reb, Dec 12, 2006.

  1. Reb

    Reb Guest

    Hi

    When I navigate to a page which has a background sound FF2 launches media
    player rather than just playing it. This is annoying if every page on the
    site has a sound.

    I'm guessing it has to do with addons I've got i.e.

    MediaPlayerConnectivity (Which if I disable the sound does not play at all)
    MediaWrap
    Launchy

    I have the necessary plugins needed.

    Is there a way of making FF2 behave like IE and simply play the sounds but
    also launch the correct player for media files (which it does as it is set
    up now)

    Ideal example of site is with backgound sounds is www.bluewatermarina.co.uk

    Thanks.

    --

    Web site www.reb151.karoo.net

    Reb, Dec 12, 2006

  2. Reb wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > When I navigate to a page which has a background sound FF2 launches media
    > player rather than just playing it. This is annoying if every page on the
    > site has a sound.
    >
    > I'm guessing it has to do with addons I've got i.e.
    >
    > MediaPlayerConnectivity (Which if I disable the sound does not play at all)
    > MediaWrap
    > Launchy
    >
    > I have the necessary plugins needed.
    >
    > Is there a way of making FF2 behave like IE and simply play the sounds but
    > also launch the correct player for media files (which it does as it is set
    > up now)
    >
    > Ideal example of site is with backgound sounds is www.bluewatermarina.co.uk
    >

    > Thanks.

    No osund at all from here, due to the following code:

    http://www.fsbj.com/About-Us/FAQ.aspx

    This is IE specific code, and only works in IE.

    The only reason you are getting any sound at all is because of the
    MediaPlayerConnectivity extension.

    Better coding and the sound should work. Try www.standrewsweb.org.
    Background sound there should work in any browser.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 12, 2006