    Have a program that is called 'Lucascom server' running in the background,
    Msn keeps popping up when i log into Outlook Express and sometimes asks for
    my password?? Is this a Trojan or some nasty ?? TIA

    adam sage, Dec 27, 2003

  2. adam sage

    Bigfred Guest

    I would get rid of it.......press ctrl key and alt and delete click on the
    processes tab, look for Lucas running right click on it with your mouse and
    this will bring up a sub menu on that menu click on end process.This will
    stop it running in the background and removes it from your pc.

    Bigfred, Dec 27, 2003

  3. adam sage

    Ðaz ©. Guest

    wrong fred.this will stop the process running at that particular
    time.reboot and it will return.use run command to open msconfig, go to start
    up tab and uncheck the offending program from there, this is a more reliable
    way to stop it,sometimes even this doesnt work(ms office always seems to get
    itself back in there for some reason)

    Ðaz ©., Dec 27, 2003
  4. adam sage

    °Mike° Guest

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 10:29:30 -0000, in
    <j7dHb.38$>
    adam sage scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 27, 2003
  5. adam sage

    Harrison Guest

    Download, install, update, and run the following programs:
    Adaware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Spybot Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de/
    Spyware Blaster - http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html

    The first two find and root out spyware, adware, hijackers, and
    dialers.
    The second one will protect your system from further infection by such
    diseases.

    Download and run hijackthis from http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/
    and paste the results here for further review.

    Harrison, Dec 27, 2003