    box & not the server?

    --
    DONALD RICETTI

    DONALD RICETTI, Oct 30, 2005

  2. http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/06/18/54021.aspx

    Also:
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/08/05/61685.aspx

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 30, 2005

  3. Well, you've got some replies on your printer problems so you can see where that goes.

    For your desktop background you have two choices ... if you don't want to "Active Desktop" running you can use this. You can surf the net using explorer just as easily as you can using internet explorer .... and vice versa. You can explore your hard drive using internet explorer. Bring up internet explorer and using the address bar, navigate to any directory holding gifs or jpegs. i.e. c:\windows (use the folder containing the picture you want to use.
    Double click on the picture and it will come up in Windows Pictures and Fax viewer. Right clicking on the picture will give you the option of making it your desktop background.

    If you want to use Active Desktop then you can navigate to it through the Display properties utility. Right click on your desktop and select Properties. Select the Desktop Tab and then Customize Desktop. Select Web and follow the directions and the help dialog boxes.

    If, as in some installations (mine comes to mind) the bleeding Web tab is missing you can follow this hint:

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm go to tweak number 177. Restore the Web Tab - Display Properties.

    Good luck

    Norm

    Norman E Brooks, Oct 30, 2005
  4. Would I be able to use the ntprint.inf file to enable me to print to our
    Bizhub color copier, which has resisted me so far.?

    Dennis Gordon, Oct 30, 2005
  5. No idea. If you can find something close, and then work from that, maybe.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 31, 2005
  6. Well I copied the AMD64 folder over to the server the Minolta is hooked up
    to (running Server 2003). Tried adding additional drivers for both Itanium
    and WINNT, and navigated to AMD64\ntprint.inf. Received "unable to complete
    operation..." both times, so I guess it won't work.. unless I'm missing
    something.

    Dennis Gordon, Oct 31, 2005
  7. Dennis -- first, see the blog entries. Determine exactly what driver you're
    going to use, and what hardware it is for. Then create the EXACT printer for
    32-bit Windows, and then add the drivers for x64 Edition as described in the
    blog.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 31, 2005
  8. There doesn't appear to be a driver for the Bizhub C350 PCL5 on the 64bit
    disk. Of course, I may just be dense. I'll persuse the blogs and see if I
    can enlighten myself...

    Dennis Gordon, Oct 31, 2005
  9. Well I was unable to add the printer to the server, but I was able to add it
    to my 64 bit machine using another Minolta color printer driver. It works...
    except no Tabloid... but I imagine there's a model with that spec somewhere
    that I can use. I'm thrilled to get it printing at all, so I'll live with
    the smaller paper limit for now...

    Dennis Gordon, Oct 31, 2005
  10. Now, go to your server and create a printer that uses that same driver, but
    the 32-bit version. It will have the same limitations, obviously. But, once
    you've created it, you should be able to add the 64-bit drivers to the
    printer definition and then print by way of the server.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 1, 2005
  11. DONALD RICETTI

    PJB Guest

    I have got my LJ5 working on a x64 over the network thru my sbs2000. Check
    HP's site I think they will have the 64 bit drivers for the LJ5, you will
    need to copy the drivers to the server so it can install it onto your
    workstation.

    Peter Banks
    Wellington, NZ

    PJB, Nov 1, 2005
  12. I'm already printing through the server to the Bizhub (2 of them, actually)
    I just set them up as network printers from my machines and fumbled through
    the available Minolta drivers 'til I found one that worked (sorta). I did
    get excited for a minute when I came across a recently released 64 bit PS
    driver for the high end Magicolor 7300, which had the options I need... but
    using it causes the printer to run amok and spew out pages of junk. I'll
    keep at it, but what I'm getting from the driver that does work is pretty
    good, as long as I don't need tab output...

    Dennis Gordon, Nov 1, 2005
  13. DONALD RICETTI

    cradster Guest

    cradster, Nov 11, 2005
  14. I'm using the Minolta Color Pageworks/Pro (MS) driver, which is in the
    Minolta section of the available drivers. It works well for letter size. It
    should work for legal as well, if you can configure the right tray. Tabloid
    isn't enabled AFAIK. It's very important to set the color properties to True
    Color 24bpp and resolution to 600x600 (in the Advanced settings if you're
    printing from Acrobat e.g.). The output is very good then. Otherwise it
    looks terrible....;-)

    Dennis Gordon, Nov 11, 2005