Backdoor.Trojan

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by LPV, Jul 22, 2004.

  1. LPV

    LPV Guest

    A client of mine has told me he has the Backdoor.Trojan 'virus' on his
    system (WinXP Home) being reported by his anti-virus program. He is using
    NAV 2002 as his anti-virus program. He has told me that he has been
    regularly updating NAV. I will be going to his home tomorrow (22 July) to
    attempt to get things straightened out for him.

    Here's my question (or questions):

    1. I've Googled and visited the Symantec website to familiarize myself
    about the Backdoor.Trojan 'virus'. From what I've read, it seems that
    Backdoor.Trojan refers to a group (or family) of Backdoor virii. Is this
    correct? Or, is there in fact a virus named Backdoor.Trojan and I'm just
    too stupid to pick up on it?

    2. If there is in fact a virus called Backdoor.Trojan, is there a removal
    tool available? If so, does anyone know where I can dl it? I'm able to
    find removal tools for other Backdoor-type virii (for example,
    Backdoor.Autoupder), but can't find one for Backdoor.Trojan (which is
    something which leads me to believe Backdoor.Trojan refers to a group of
    Backdoor-type virii).

    3. Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas that might help in cleaning this
    Backdoor.Trojan?

    Thanks much!

    Loren

    LPV, Jul 22, 2004

  2. LPV

    Thor Guest

    "LPV" <> wrote in message
    > A client of mine has told me he has the Backdoor.Trojan 'virus' on his
    > system (WinXP Home) being reported by his anti-virus program. He is using
    > NAV 2002 as his anti-virus program. He has told me that he has been
    > regularly updating NAV. I will be going to his home tomorrow (22 July) to
    > attempt to get things straightened out for him.
    >
    > Here's my question (or questions):
    >
    > 1. I've Googled and visited the Symantec website to familiarize myself
    > about the Backdoor.Trojan 'virus'. From what I've read, it seems that
    > Backdoor.Trojan refers to a group (or family) of Backdoor virii. Is this
    > correct? Or, is there in fact a virus named Backdoor.Trojan and I'm just
    > too stupid to pick up on it?
    >
    > 2. If there is in fact a virus called Backdoor.Trojan, is there a removal
    > tool available? If so, does anyone know where I can dl it? I'm able to
    > find removal tools for other Backdoor-type virii (for example,
    > Backdoor.Autoupder), but can't find one for Backdoor.Trojan (which is
    > something which leads me to believe Backdoor.Trojan refers to a group of
    > Backdoor-type virii).
    >
    > 3. Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas that might help in cleaning

    this
    > Backdoor.Trojan?

    It's probably part of some spyware. Try using some spyware cleaning
    utilities like Spybot, and Adaware.

    Thor, Jul 22, 2004

  3. LPV

    LPV Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message

    > "LPV" <> wrote in message

    (snip)

    > > 3. Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas that might help in cleaning

    > this
    > > Backdoor.Trojan?

    > It's probably part of some spyware. Try using some spyware cleaning
    > utilities like Spybot, and Adaware.

    Thanks, Thor. Will do.

    Loren

    LPV, Jul 23, 2004
  4. LPV

    abomb6900 Guest

    I would suggest getting a copy of Webroot Sypsweeper from www.webroot.com

    abomb6900, Jul 23, 2004
  5. LPV

    Geoh 37 Guest

    I kept getting a Popup saying "Run AVG because you have Backdoor Trojan"
    Running AVG didn't help..

    I downloaded and installed Avast and it took care of it.

    I uninstalled AVG on my pc but still have it on my Laptop.

    http://community-2.webtv.net/Geo_H/RecentPictures/

    Geoh 37, Jul 23, 2004