    Nero etc will burn the files to DVD but wont copy the directory tree when I
    drag the files across

    any suggestions??

    S Roby, Dec 29, 2005

  2. S Roby

    Enkidu Guest

    S Roby wrote:
    > Hi there. Im after Freeware backup (copy to DVD) software that wiil
    >
    > Backup the files I choose with the directory tree backup these files
    > AS FILES (not as a compressed backup file) backup/burn them direct to
    > DVD
    >
    > I downloaded & tried quite a few but most want to compress the files
    > into one big archive (which I dont want) Nero etc will burn the files
    > to DVD but wont copy the directory tree when I drag the files across
    >
    > any suggestions??

    Nero used to come with a "packet Writer" called InCD. It may well still
    do so. This software can make a re-writable CD look like a big floppy,
    but I don't know if the software can do similar for DVDs.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Dec 30, 2005

  3. The is an extract from the help files for Syncback:

    >Q: How do I backup to a CD-RW, DVD+RW, or DVD-RW disk?
    >
    >A: First, test your profile with a hard drive to make sure your profiles settings are correct.
    >
    >Second, format your CD/DVD using the UDF file system before using it with SyncBack. This is very important. SyncBack cannot put files onto a CD/DVD unless it has been formatted in UDF format. You may need to do a full format (instead of a quick format). Free programs listed below can achieve this.
    >
    >Third, eject and re-insert your CD after formatting it otherwise you may get errors saying there is no CD in the drive.
    >
    >Free
    >
    >For free software that can format the CD/DVD in UDF:
    >
    >Download HP DLA 4.60 (this page also provides additional information about why a previous version of the HP DLA can cause bluescreens on Windows 2000, XP and XPSP2):

    SyncBack can be found at:

    www.2BrightSparks.com

    I've used this software successfully with CD-RW for almost two
    years. While the program will compress files, this is a matter of
    choice. As it happens, I do not compress files.

    lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz, Dec 30, 2005
  4. S Roby

    S Roby Guest

    >SyncBack can be found at:
    >
    >www.2BrightSparks.com
    >
    > I've used this software successfully with CD-RW for almost two
    >years. While the program will compress files, this is a matter of
    >choice. As it happens, I do not compress files.

    Thanks . Im downloading it now.

    S Roby, Dec 31, 2005