    important emails i want to keep before i format my hd prior to re-install.

    --
    Steve.P

    Wib, May 1, 2004

  2. Wib

    HF Guest

    Simplest way is to save the ones you want into a folder on the Desktop or
    whereever - open it and drag them on to a floppy(floppies) or a cdr if you
    have a writer
    "Wib lineone.net>" <wib_1@<nospam> wrote in message
    > how do i back up all outlook express folders, ie inbox etc, there are some
    > important emails i want to keep before i format my hd prior to re-install.
    >
    > --
    > Steve.P

    ---

    HF, May 1, 2004

  3. Wib

    Guest

    On Sat, 1 May 2004 10:20:09 +0100, "Wib" <wib_1@<nospam>lineone.net>
    spewed forth:

    >how do i back up all outlook express folders, ie inbox etc, there are some
    >important emails i want to keep before i format my hd prior to re-install.

    Here's what I do. My wife uses OE on a shared machine and I save the
    Store location to a secondary partition and then backup from there.
    This way, if your OS is on the C: drive and it gets waxed your mail is
    intact. I keep the address book, mail settings and folders there also.
    You can initially copy your store folder from its default location to
    another partition or backup media.
    --
    Mark

    Otherwise known as
    ------------
    Cablenetguy

    , May 1, 2004
  4. Wib

    Thor Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 1 May 2004 10:20:09 +0100, "Wib" <wib_1@<nospam>lineone.net>
    > spewed forth:
    >
    > >how do i back up all outlook express folders, ie inbox etc, there are

    some
    > >important emails i want to keep before i format my hd prior to

    re-install.

    > Here's what I do. My wife uses OE on a shared machine and I save the
    > Store location to a secondary partition and then backup from there.
    > This way, if your OS is on the C: drive and it gets waxed your mail is
    > intact. I keep the address book, mail settings and folders there also.
    > You can initially copy your store folder from its default location to
    > another partition or backup media.

    Just an FYI, even if the OS "gets waxed", the OE store folder isn't
    necessarily in any danger unless the windows folder is somehow wiped out (in
    the case of Win9x) or the documents and settings folder gets damaged or
    wiped out (in the case of Win2K/WinXP). Moving it to another partition is
    not really any safer. I've retrieved customer's OE email storage folder from
    countless machines where the installed OS was completely unusable.

    Thor, May 1, 2004
  5. Wib

    bambam Guest

    "Wib" <wib_1@<nospam>lineone.net> wrote in

    > how do i back up all outlook express folders, ie inbox etc, there
    > are some important emails i want to keep before i format my hd
    > prior to re-install.

    Have a look at this program-

    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have
    their shoes.

    bambam, May 2, 2004