    that i just bought last night and it does not work nor does thier dvdxcopy
    express.

    Is there anyway to do that?
    Diehard, Dec 10, 2003

  2. Diehard

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Dec 10, 2003

  3. Diehard

    Todd Howard Guest

    I dont think Clone has DVD capabilities yet does it?
    TH
    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Diehard wrote:
    > >
    > > does anyone know how to back up stargate sg1 episode dvd's ? i tried

    dvdxopy

    Todd Howard, Dec 10, 2003
  4. Diehard

    Todd Howard Guest

    Oh and to the OP...try www.dvdrhelp.com
    TH

    Todd Howard, Dec 10, 2003
  5. Plato wrote:
    > Diehard wrote:
    >
    >>does anyone know how to back up stargate sg1 episode dvd's ? i tried dvdxopy
    >>that i just bought last night and it does not work nor does thier dvdxcopy
    >>express.

    > One may try:
    > http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonecd.html

    It appears that CloneCD will only copy CD's. I did find AnyDVD on the
    site ( http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html ) that might accomplish
    what he wants though.
    Calvin Crumrine, Dec 10, 2003
  6. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    "Calvin Crumrine" <> wrote in message
    > Plato wrote:
    > > Diehard wrote:
    > >
    > >>does anyone know how to back up stargate sg1 episode dvd's ? i tried

    dvdxopy
    > >>that i just bought last night and it does not work nor does thier

    dvdxcopy
    > >>express.

    > > One may try:
    > > http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonecd.html
    > >

    > It appears that CloneCD will only copy CD's. I did find AnyDVD on the
    > site ( http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html ) that might accomplish
    > what he wants though.

    Anydvd does not back up then burn dvd's.
    Diehard, Dec 10, 2003
  7. Diehard wrote:

    > "Calvin Crumrine" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Plato wrote:

    > dvdxopy

    > dvdxcopy

    >>>One may try:
    >>>http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonecd.html
    >>>

    >>It appears that CloneCD will only copy CD's. I did find AnyDVD on the
    >>site ( http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html ) that might accomplish
    >>what he wants though.
    >>

    > Anydvd does not back up then burn dvd's.

    Nope, but did you read about what it *does* do?
    Calvin Crumrine, Dec 10, 2003
  8. Diehard

    > Diehard wrote:
    >
    > > "Calvin Crumrine" <> wrote in message

    > > dvdxopy

    > > dvdxcopy

    > >>It appears that CloneCD will only copy CD's. I did find AnyDVD on the
    > >>site ( http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html ) that might accomplish
    > >>what he wants though.
    > >>

    > > Anydvd does not back up then burn dvd's.
    > >

    > Nope, but did you read about what it *does* do?

    yeah, nothing i need. i need to back up my dvd stargate sg1 so that it will
    be able to burn to one or two dvd's exactly like if you used dvdxcopy and
    anydvd did not say anything about doing that.
    Diehard, Dec 10, 2003
  9. Diehard

    Night_Seer Guest

    Diehard wrote:
    > does anyone know how to back up stargate sg1 episode dvd's ? i tried
    > dvdxopy that i just bought last night and it does not work nor does
    > thier dvdxcopy express.
    >
    > Is there anyway to do that?

    Out of curiosity, what happens when you try and do it through DVD X
    Copy? I have been backing up movies with that, and I haven't had any
    problems yet.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Dec 10, 2003
  10. Diehard wrote:
    > "Calvin Crumrine" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Diehard wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Calvin Crumrine" <> wrote in message

    >>>dvdxopy

    >>>dvdxcopy

    >>>Anydvd does not back up then burn dvd's.
    >>>

    >>Nope, but did you read about what it *does* do?
    >>

    > yeah, nothing i need. i need to back up my dvd stargate sg1 so that it will
    > be able to burn to one or two dvd's exactly like if you used dvdxcopy and
    > anydvd did not say anything about doing that.

    Quote:
    With AnyDVD's help copy tools like CloneDVD, Pinnacle Instant Copy,
    InterVideo DVD-Copy, etc. are able to copy CSS protected Movies.
    EndQuote

    I'm not familiar with dvdxcopy but I assume it's a copy tool like
    CloneDVD, etc?
    Calvin Crumrine, Dec 10, 2003
  11. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    > Diehard wrote:
    > > does anyone know how to back up stargate sg1 episode dvd's ? i tried
    > > dvdxopy that i just bought last night and it does not work nor does
    > > thier dvdxcopy express.
    > >
    > > Is there anyway to do that?

    > Out of curiosity, what happens when you try and do it through DVD X
    > Copy? I have been backing up movies with that, and I haven't had any
    > problems yet.
    >
    > --
    > Night_Seer

    See, the problem with anydvd is it won't shrink dvd's to fit on one disc nor
    will i be able to split a movie into 2 like you can with dvdxcopy. all it
    does is the same thing dvd decryptor does. it takes a disc and puts all the
    files in an un encrypted form on yer pc. this does nothing for me. it needs
    to work just exactly like dvdxcopy is supposed to. shrink meaning copmpress
    a dvd movie down so it will fit on one disc not two, or allow you to split
    the movie into 2 discs.

    with dvdxcopy it will not back up stargate sg1 cus it is an episodic disc.
    movies only it is fine, but not stargate sg1 cus it's an episode disc.

    i used express, it won't even play in any home theater player. it sees the
    this is a back up dvd warning screen and does nothing. they said this is
    normal cus express cant do these kinds of discs. dvdxcopy is supposed to but
    it won't work with strargate sg1. what happens is it rips the first half, i
    put in a blank dvd and i say burn. then it does something, then imediatly
    pops up a operation sucessful window, but the top of that window says it
    failed. so i can not copy stargate sg1 discs cus dvdxcopy is not compatible.

    i just used dvd shrink and it won't work either inside my home theater dvd
    players, but seems to in my computer. i have used express to back up my
    movie of star trek nemesis just fine. i have a long time ago used dvdxcopy
    1.4 or something to back up normal dvd movies. but these won't work with
    episode dvd like stargate sg1, star trek deep space 9, star trek next
    generation and so on.

    i have no idea what to do and would be extreeemly greatfull if someone was
    actually willing and able to seriouly help me be able to back up my stargate
    sg1 and so forth.
    Diehard, Dec 10, 2003
  12. Diehard

    mbowen83 Guest

    I have found that the easiest way to backup DVD's is to use DVD Decryptor,
    DVD2One, and then use nero or another burning program to burn to a blank
    DVD..

    mbowen83
    mbowen83, Dec 10, 2003
  13. Diehard

    Night_Seer Guest

    Diehard wrote:
    > "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
    >> Diehard wrote:
    >>> does anyone know how to back up stargate sg1 episode dvd's ? i tried
    >>> dvdxopy that i just bought last night and it does not work nor does
    >>> thier dvdxcopy express.
    >>>
    >>> Is there anyway to do that?

    >> Out of curiosity, what happens when you try and do it through DVD X
    >> Copy? I have been backing up movies with that, and I haven't had any
    >> problems yet.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Night_Seer
    >>

    > See, the problem with anydvd is it won't shrink dvd's to fit on one
    > disc nor will i be able to split a movie into 2 like you can with
    > dvdxcopy. all it does is the same thing dvd decryptor does. it takes
    > a disc and puts all the files in an un encrypted form on yer pc. this
    > does nothing for me. it needs to work just exactly like dvdxcopy is
    > supposed to. shrink meaning copmpress a dvd movie down so it will fit
    > on one disc not two, or allow you to split the movie into 2 discs.
    >
    > with dvdxcopy it will not back up stargate sg1 cus it is an episodic
    > disc. movies only it is fine, but not stargate sg1 cus it's an
    > episode disc.
    >
    > i used express, it won't even play in any home theater player. it
    > sees the this is a back up dvd warning screen and does nothing. they
    > said this is normal cus express cant do these kinds of discs.
    > dvdxcopy is supposed to but it won't work with strargate sg1. what
    > happens is it rips the first half, i put in a blank dvd and i say
    > burn. then it does something, then imediatly pops up a operation
    > sucessful window, but the top of that window says it failed. so i can
    > not copy stargate sg1 discs cus dvdxcopy is not compatible.
    >
    > i just used dvd shrink and it won't work either inside my home
    > theater dvd players, but seems to in my computer. i have used
    > express to back up my movie of star trek nemesis just fine. i have a
    > long time ago used dvdxcopy
    > 1.4 or something to back up normal dvd movies. but these won't work
    > with episode dvd like stargate sg1, star trek deep space 9, star trek
    > next generation and so on.
    >
    > i have no idea what to do and would be extreeemly greatfull if
    > someone was actually willing and able to seriouly help me be able to
    > back up my stargate sg1 and so forth.

    Do you have the latest version of DVD Xcopy?

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Dec 10, 2003
  14. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    > Diehard wrote:
    > > "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message

    > >> Out of curiosity, what happens when you try and do it through DVD X
    > >> Copy? I have been backing up movies with that, and I haven't had any
    > >> problems yet.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Night_Seer
    > >>

    > > See, the problem with anydvd is it won't shrink dvd's to fit on one
    > > disc nor will i be able to split a movie into 2 like you can with
    > > dvdxcopy. all it does is the same thing dvd decryptor does. it takes
    > > a disc and puts all the files in an un encrypted form on yer pc. this
    > > does nothing for me. it needs to work just exactly like dvdxcopy is
    > > supposed to. shrink meaning copmpress a dvd movie down so it will fit
    > > on one disc not two, or allow you to split the movie into 2 discs.
    > >
    > > with dvdxcopy it will not back up stargate sg1 cus it is an episodic
    > > disc. movies only it is fine, but not stargate sg1 cus it's an
    > > episode disc.
    > >
    > > i used express, it won't even play in any home theater player. it
    > > sees the this is a back up dvd warning screen and does nothing. they
    > > said this is normal cus express cant do these kinds of discs.
    > > dvdxcopy is supposed to but it won't work with strargate sg1. what
    > > happens is it rips the first half, i put in a blank dvd and i say
    > > burn. then it does something, then imediatly pops up a operation
    > > sucessful window, but the top of that window says it failed. so i can
    > > not copy stargate sg1 discs cus dvdxcopy is not compatible.
    > >
    > > i just used dvd shrink and it won't work either inside my home
    > > theater dvd players, but seems to in my computer. i have used
    > > express to back up my movie of star trek nemesis just fine. i have a
    > > long time ago used dvdxcopy
    > > 1.4 or something to back up normal dvd movies. but these won't work
    > > with episode dvd like stargate sg1, star trek deep space 9, star trek
    > > next generation and so on.
    > >
    > > i have no idea what to do and would be extreeemly greatfull if
    > > someone was actually willing and able to seriouly help me be able to
    > > back up my stargate sg1 and so forth.

    > Do you have the latest version of DVD Xcopy?
    >
    > --
    > Night_Seer

    Yes, i just bought it yesterday and downloaded it.
    Diehard, Dec 11, 2003
  15. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    "mbowen83" <> wrote in message
    > I have found that the easiest way to backup DVD's is to use DVD Decryptor,
    > DVD2One, and then use nero or another burning program to burn to a blank
    > DVD..
    >
    > mbowen83

    DVD2one, what is that thing? where's info on it and is it free or like way
    cheap? does it work good?

    dvd shrihnk actually worked, i think. the first time i put the copy in my
    home theater player it spit it out saying can't play disc. then i put it in
    again and it worked. i put it in 4 or 5 times more and it worked. put it in
    the other home theater dvd player upstairs and it also worked. and right now
    i am testing the pilot from stargate sg1 disc 1. just letting it play while
    i back up another dvd and seeing it my copy works fully or not.

    but dvd decryptor is really easy and if dvd2one is extremly easy and works,
    maybe id try it as well.
    Diehard, Dec 11, 2003
  16. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    "Diehard" <> wrote in message

    > "mbowen83" <> wrote in message
    > > I have found that the easiest way to backup DVD's is to use DVD

    Decryptor,
    > > DVD2One, and then use nero or another burning program to burn to a blank
    > > DVD..
    > >
    > > mbowen83
    > >

    > DVD2one, what is that thing? where's info on it and is it free or like way
    > cheap? does it work good?
    >
    > dvd shrihnk actually worked, i think. the first time i put the copy in my
    > home theater player it spit it out saying can't play disc. then i put it

    in
    > again and it worked. i put it in 4 or 5 times more and it worked. put it

    in
    > the other home theater dvd player upstairs and it also worked. and right

    now
    > i am testing the pilot from stargate sg1 disc 1. just letting it play

    while
    > i back up another dvd and seeing it my copy works fully or not.
    >
    > but dvd decryptor is really easy and if dvd2one is extremly easy and

    works,
    > maybe id try it as well.

    Nevermind, I'm not able to pay for dvd2one.
    Diehard, Dec 11, 2003
  17. Diehard

    Thor Guest

    > Diehard wrote:
    > > "Calvin Crumrine" <> wrote in message

    > >>Nope, but did you read about what it *does* do?
    > >>

    > > yeah, nothing i need. i need to back up my dvd stargate sg1 so that it

    will
    > > be able to burn to one or two dvd's exactly like if you used dvdxcopy

    and
    > > anydvd did not say anything about doing that.
    > >

    > Quote:
    > With AnyDVD's help copy tools like CloneDVD, Pinnacle Instant Copy,
    > InterVideo DVD-Copy, etc. are able to copy CSS protected Movies.
    > EndQuote
    >
    > I'm not familiar with dvdxcopy but I assume it's a copy tool like
    > CloneDVD, etc?

    DVDXcopy is supposed to be a "one click" copy solution, even for copyrighted
    CSS discs. But I've generally found it to be hit or miss. I prefer using
    Smartripper, or DVDDecrypter, then use DVD2One to burn onto a single disc.

    Thor, Dec 11, 2003
  18. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message

    > "Calvin Crumrine" <> wrote in message
    > > Diehard wrote:
    > > > "Calvin Crumrine" <> wrote in message

    tried

    the

    > > > yeah, nothing i need. i need to back up my dvd stargate sg1 so that it

    > will
    > > > be able to burn to one or two dvd's exactly like if you used dvdxcopy

    > and
    > > > anydvd did not say anything about doing that.
    > > >

    > > Quote:
    > > With AnyDVD's help copy tools like CloneDVD, Pinnacle Instant Copy,
    > > InterVideo DVD-Copy, etc. are able to copy CSS protected Movies.
    > > EndQuote
    > >
    > > I'm not familiar with dvdxcopy but I assume it's a copy tool like
    > > CloneDVD, etc?

    > DVDXcopy is supposed to be a "one click" copy solution, even for

    copyrighted
    > CSS discs. But I've generally found it to be hit or miss. I prefer using
    > Smartripper, or DVDDecrypter, then use DVD2One to burn onto a single disc.
    >
    > ..

    Thor, have you seen a copy made from dvd2one and dvd shrink? if you have
    what one looks better? meaning compress to fit the dvd-9 onto one dvd - 5
    keeping all extras and the entire disc? cus i can i guess use dvd decryptor
    to rip an entire dvd then use dvd2one to compress to fit on one disc, then
    use nero to burn it. but don't wanna pay for dvd2one and not sure if the
    video qill be better quality then using dvd shrink which does it all cept
    the burn. Also which way would be faster?
    Diehard, Dec 11, 2003
  19. Diehard

    Thor Guest

    "Diehard" <> wrote in message

    > "Thor" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Calvin Crumrine" <> wrote in message

    > tried

    thier

    > the

    accomplish

    it
    > > will

    dvdxcopy
    > > and
    > > > >

    > > > Quote:
    > > > With AnyDVD's help copy tools like CloneDVD, Pinnacle Instant Copy,
    > > > InterVideo DVD-Copy, etc. are able to copy CSS protected Movies.
    > > > EndQuote
    > > >
    > > > I'm not familiar with dvdxcopy but I assume it's a copy tool like
    > > > CloneDVD, etc?

    > > DVDXcopy is supposed to be a "one click" copy solution, even for

    > copyrighted
    > > CSS discs. But I've generally found it to be hit or miss. I prefer using
    > > Smartripper, or DVDDecrypter, then use DVD2One to burn onto a single

    disc.

    > > ..
    > >

    > Thor, have you seen a copy made from dvd2one and dvd shrink? if you have
    > what one looks better? meaning compress to fit the dvd-9 onto one dvd - 5
    > keeping all extras and the entire disc? cus i can i guess use dvd

    decryptor
    > to rip an entire dvd then use dvd2one to compress to fit on one disc, then
    > use nero to burn it. but don't wanna pay for dvd2one and not sure if the
    > video qill be better quality then using dvd shrink which does it all cept
    > the burn. Also which way would be faster?

    I had problems getting DVD Shrink to work properly, so I've just stuck with
    using DVD2One, and frankly, I can't tell the difference between the
    recompressed and the original. I just played one, and then the other from
    the new XMen2 movie, and they look the same on my monitor. DVD2One is great.
    Although if there is a ton of extras and the disc is really full, you may
    have to adjust the output size a bit to make sure it fits on one disc. I've
    had a few that even after using DVD2One, it was still slightly too large for
    a standard DVD+R disc at the default setting. I had to re-run DVD2One, and
    reduce the output size by a few MB, and it worked just fine. I've had great
    results with it. It has a very simple interface. You merely select the
    source files, and the output folder for the recompressed files, and select
    movie-only or whole disc. (make sure you have ripped the entire set of
    source files first with DVD Decrypter, if you want the whole movie
    compressed with all extras, menus, etc). Then you select the audio tracks
    you want to include, or exclude (I usually exclude the foreign language
    stuff), then start processing, and it's done in about 20 minutes usually.
    Then simply burn the recompressed files with Nero. I use Nero 6. Drag the
    recompressed source files into the video_TS folder in Nero's DVD compilation
    window, and burn it. Nero will tell you if there are any problems.
    Thor, Dec 11, 2003
  20. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message

> [...]

    > reduce the output size by a few MB, and it worked just fine. I've had

    great
    > results with it. It has a very simple interface. You merely select the
    > source files, and the output folder for the recompressed files, and select
    > movie-only or whole disc. (make sure you have ripped the entire set of
    > source files first with DVD Decrypter, if you want the whole movie
    > compressed with all extras, menus, etc). Then you select the audio tracks
    > you want to include, or exclude (I usually exclude the foreign language
    > stuff), then start processing, and it's done in about 20 minutes usually.
    > Then simply burn the recompressed files with Nero. I use Nero 6. Drag the
    > recompressed source files into the video_TS folder in Nero's DVD

    compilation
    > window, and burn it. Nero will tell you if there are any problems.

    Thor, I notice with dvdx express video problems cus i guess i can really
    tell. Sometimes in a movie it's the same, other scenes there's a compression
    thing. I have a Sony 27" cRT in my bedroom and don't notice the compression
    nearly as much as on our 46" HDTV upstairs in the living room. i tested
    dvdexpress from dvdxcopy on ym star trek nemesis and noticed video artifacts
    from the compression. like in the beginning comming down from space on the
    city you could see the buildings like stutter/move/flicker barely on my CRT,
    then on HDTV a lot more, but not bad like really. then other scenes it
    looked perfect. and the bit rate got as low as 1.3mbps.

    using DVD2one on my stargate sg1 disc 1, it looks terrific, video bitrate
    more like 4-5mbps, but maybe cus the disc aint as full as star trek nemesis.
    Diehard, Dec 11, 2003