    jonbenken Guest

    i would like to burn a copy of xp from a file, what file extension should
    it be and is there anything i must do to make it bootable?
    jonbenken, Dec 6, 2003

  2. jonbenken

    °Mike° Guest

    You want to burn an entire operating system onto one
    file, and make it bootable? Good luck!

    On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 12:47:28 -0500, in
    <dJoAb.6$>
    jonbenken scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 6, 2003

  3. jonbenken

    Alien Zord Guest

    "jonbenken" <> wrote in
    message news:dJoAb.6$...
    > i would like to burn a copy of xp from a file, what file extension should
    > it be and is there anything i must do to make it bootable?

    An image of your hard drive or a copy of the OS CD?
    Alien Zord, Dec 6, 2003
  4. jonbenken

    jonbenken Guest

    mike, i just want to burn a copy of xp pro onto cd
    i have never done this before and was wondering how... i have xp on my
    system already but it came without cd....i have found a copy on kazaa and
    want to make a cd so i can reinstall
    `

    jonbenken, Dec 6, 2003
  5. jonbenken

    °Mike° Guest

    Why did you buy a computer system without a CD?

    I'm not in the habit of helping with pirating.

    On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 14:04:33 -0500, in
    <VLpAb.924$>
    jonbenken scrawled:

    °Mike°, Dec 6, 2003
  6. jonbenken

    Paul - xxx Guest

    jonbenken posted ...

    > i would like to burn a copy of xp from a file, what file extension
    > should it be and is there anything i must do to make it bootable?

    If it's to back-up your own system the easiest way (that I use) is to make
    an image of the OS and applications as soon as they're put onto the hard
    drive.

    http://www.powerquest.com/driveimage/

    Might help ...

    --
    Paul
    Paul - xxx, Dec 6, 2003
  7. jonbenken

    jonbenken Guest

    the OS cd but from a file

    jonbenken, Dec 6, 2003
  8. jonbenken

    jonbenken Guest

    because it was second hand......no cd came with it....i would imagine the
    previous owner kept it

    jonbenken, Dec 6, 2003
  9. jonbenken

    Alien Zord Guest

    "jonbenken" <> wrote in
    message news:_jqAb.18$...
    > the OS cd but from a file

    What is its current extension?
    Alien Zord, Dec 6, 2003
  10. jonbenken

    jonbenken Guest

    current extension is .exe

    jonbenken, Dec 6, 2003
  11. jonbenken

    IC Guest

    jonbenken wrote:
    > current extension is .exe
    >
    > "Alien Zord" <> wrote in message
    >> "jonbenken" <>
    >> wrote in message news:_jqAb.18$...
    >>> the OS cd but from a file
    >>>

    >> What is its current extension?

    Sounds like it's a program that, when executed, burns the backup
    installation right to a CD. What happens when you execute the program?
    IC, Dec 6, 2003
  12. °Mike° wrote:

    > You want to burn an entire operating system onto one
    > file, and make it bootable? Good luck!

    win.big

    > On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 12:47:28 -0500, in
    > <dJoAb.6$>
    > jonbenken scrawled:

    >>i would like to burn a copy of xp from a file, what file extension should
    >>it be and is there anything i must do to make it bootable?

    --
    Blinky - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Linux RU 297263
    [still no new sig]
    Blinky the Shark, Dec 6, 2003
  13. jonbenken

    Budweiser Guest

    stop messing around folks
    no one advocates piracy--but
    just borrow a copy and burn away with nero or similar
    to reinstall you will need to aquire the no reg crack(astalavista) or do
    some registry work

    simple answer to a simple question

    "jonbenken" <> wrote in
    message news:dJoAb.6$...

    Budweiser, Dec 6, 2003
  14. jonbenken

    Boomer Guest

    "Budweiser" <> wrote in

    > stop messing around folks
    > no one advocates piracy--but

    You advocate it?

    > just borrow a copy and burn away with nero or similar
    > to reinstall you will need to aquire the no reg crack(astalavista)

    Seems like it.

    --
    I need to go lie down in a darkened room.
    -anOLDun
    Boomer, Dec 6, 2003
  15. jonbenken

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Dec 6, 2003
  16. jonbenken

    Alien Zord Guest

    "jonbenken" <> wrote in
    message news:92rAb.939$...
    > current extension is .exe

    I'd be extremely wary of any file obtained via Kazaa with .exe extension.
    What's the file name and its size?
    Alien Zord, Dec 7, 2003