    back up file. Same situation without Outlook Express V6. None of my mail
    files and address book work.

    Can someone please advise or help?

    Dan, Mar 9, 2008

  2. Are you using the 64bit version of XP? This is a newsgroup for 64bit XP,
    Vista, and Server systems.

    If you are using 32bit XP you might want to ask in
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general.

    Colin Barnhorst, Mar 9, 2008

  3. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Yes Colin I'm using the XP pro 64 bit.

    Dan, Mar 9, 2008
  4. Dan

    John Barnes Guest

    If I take you literally, you installed the operating system and now you
    think you can take the programs in program files and get them to run without
    reinstalling them? Hope I am misunderstanding. Take Colin's advice if you
    are running XP86, otherwise be more clear as to the steps you are taking.

    John Barnes, Mar 9, 2008
  5. What did you use as your backup solution? I take it that OE works but
    without the personal files. Do all of the other bundled apps work (WMP, IE,
    etc.)?

    Colin Barnhorst, Mar 9, 2008
  6. Dan

    f64dods Guest

    Dan,

    I have used Image for DOS for several years now to do backups. I create
    images on other drives in case of hard drive failure. All your progs will run
    as before if you restore the image - assuming you had the app in the first
    place upon creating the image :).

    Simple and works great!
    http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/downloads-image-for-dos.htm

    f64dods, Mar 10, 2008