Back to yesterday?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sylvia M, Mar 8, 2006.

  1. Sylvia M

    Sylvia M Guest

    I know that it is possible to send my 98SE back to
    yesterday, but I need to find out how, preferably step by
    easy step...

    I inadvertently uninstalled my printer, at least that's what
    my computer did, at about 7pm tonite, so maybe I can just go
    back to 6 pm on 3/07.

    I am not sure if this will reinstall my printer as well, and
    I messed up in a couple of other ways :-\
    1. I can't locate my HP Printer disc.
    2. I just messed up my E (DVD/CD ROM) slot...pushed it in,
    and it must have come off it's mounting or slide, so until I
    figure that out, I wouldn't be able to use the HP disc to
    reinstall, even if I can find it, which I probably will.

    Sorry to rant on, please just help me to get back to
    yesterday, or 6 pm tonite.

    Sylvia M

    Sylvia M, Mar 8, 2006

  2. Sylvia M

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Sylvia M wrote:
    > I know that it is possible to send my 98SE back to
    > yesterday, but I need to find out how, preferably step by
    > easy step...
    >
    > I inadvertently uninstalled my printer, at least that's what
    > my computer did, at about 7pm tonite, so maybe I can just go
    > back to 6 pm on 3/07.
    >
    > I am not sure if this will reinstall my printer as well, and
    > I messed up in a couple of other ways :-\
    > 1. I can't locate my HP Printer disc.
    > 2. I just messed up my E (DVD/CD ROM) slot...pushed it in,
    > and it must have come off it's mounting or slide, so until I
    > figure that out, I wouldn't be able to use the HP disc to
    > reinstall, even if I can find it, which I probably will.
    >
    > Sorry to rant on, please just help me to get back to
    > yesterday, or 6 pm tonite.
    >
    > Sylvia M

    What a sad story Sylvia. Forget the system restore, go to HP's website
    and download the driver for your printer.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Mar 8, 2006

  3. Sylvia M

    phrogee Guest

    "Sylvia M" <> wrote in message
    >I know that it is possible to send my 98SE back to
    > yesterday, but I need to find out how, preferably step by
    > easy step...
    >
    > I inadvertently uninstalled my printer, at least that's what
    > my computer did, at about 7pm tonite, so maybe I can just go
    > back to 6 pm on 3/07.
    >
    > I am not sure if this will reinstall my printer as well, and
    > I messed up in a couple of other ways :-\
    > 1. I can't locate my HP Printer disc.
    > 2. I just messed up my E (DVD/CD ROM) slot...pushed it in,
    > and it must have come off it's mounting or slide, so until I
    > figure that out, I wouldn't be able to use the HP disc to
    > reinstall, even if I can find it, which I probably will.
    >
    > Sorry to rant on, please just help me to get back to
    > yesterday, or 6 pm tonite.
    >
    > Sylvia M

    Take the advice of the Oldus Fartusman. There might even be newer programs
    or drivers available for your printer model.

    http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html?pageDisplay=drivers

    http://tinyurl.com/5dg6b

    --
    phrogee

    phrogee, Mar 8, 2006
  4. Sylvia M

    Sylvia M Guest

    Oldus Fartus wrote:
    > Sylvia M wrote:
    >> I know that it is possible to send my 98SE back to
    >> yesterday, but I need to find out how, preferably step by
    >> easy step...
    >>
    >> I inadvertently uninstalled my printer, at least that's

    what
    >> my computer did, at about 7pm tonite, so maybe I can just

    go
    >> back to 6 pm on 3/07.
    >>
    >> I am not sure if this will reinstall my printer as well,

    and
    >> I messed up in a couple of other ways :-\
    >> 1. I can't locate my HP Printer disc.
    >> 2. I just messed up my E (DVD/CD ROM) slot...pushed it

    in,
    >> and it must have come off it's mounting or slide, so

    until I
    >> figure that out, I wouldn't be able to use the HP disc to
    >> reinstall, even if I can find it, which I probably will.
    >>
    >> Sorry to rant on, please just help me to get back to
    >> yesterday, or 6 pm tonite.
    >>
    >> Sylvia M
    >>

    > What a sad story Sylvia. Forget the system restore, go

    > HP's website and download the driver for your printer.

    Many thanks for that great advice!
    Problem solved.
    g'nite.

    Sylvia

    Sylvia M, Mar 8, 2006
  5. Sylvia M

    Sylvia M Guest

    phrogee wrote:
    > "Sylvia M" <> wrote in message
    >>I know that it is possible to send my 98SE back to
    >> yesterday, but I need to find out how, preferably step by
    >> easy step...
    >>
    >> I inadvertently uninstalled my printer, at least that's

    what
    >> my computer did, at about 7pm tonite, so maybe I can just

    go
    >> back to 6 pm on 3/07.
    >>
    >> I am not sure if this will reinstall my printer as well,

    and
    >> I messed up in a couple of other ways :-\
    >> 1. I can't locate my HP Printer disc.
    >> 2. I just messed up my E (DVD/CD ROM) slot...pushed it

    in,
    >> and it must have come off it's mounting or slide, so

    until I
    >> figure that out, I wouldn't be able to use the HP disc to
    >> reinstall, even if I can find it, which I probably will.
    >>
    >> Sorry to rant on, please just help me to get back to
    >> yesterday, or 6 pm tonite.
    >>
    >> Sylvia M
    >>

    > Take the advice of the Oldus Fartusman. There might even

    be
    > newer programs or drivers available for your printer

    model.

    http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html?pageDisplay=drivers

    > http://tinyurl.com/5dg6b

    Right!
    I went back there again and printed out ;-) their advice re
    'slow printing',
    which is what started it all!

    Sylvia

    Sylvia M, Mar 8, 2006
  6. Sylvia M wrote:

    > 2. I just messed up my E (DVD/CD ROM) slot...pushed it in,
    > and it must have come off it's mounting or slide, so until I
    > figure that out, I wouldn't be able to use the HP disc to
    > reinstall, even if I can find it, which I probably will.

    *grin* I guess you actually needed a punching ball?
    Carefully take off the left side cover of your computer (if it is a tower
    model) after unplugging the mains.
    Firmly push the cd drive forward from the side, until it either latches in
    again, or at least has the correct position.
    Then, take a screwdriver and tighten at least the screws you can from the
    left side :)
    Linux 2.6.14-mm1 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    Walter Mautner, Mar 8, 2006
  7. Sylvia M

    Sylvia M Guest

    Walter Mautner wrote:
    > Sylvia M wrote:

    >> 2. I just messed up my E (DVD/CD ROM) slot...pushed it

    in,
    >> and it must have come off it's mounting or slide, so

    until I
    >> figure that out, I wouldn't be able to use the HP disc to
    >> reinstall, even if I can find it, which I probably will.
    >>

    > *grin* I guess you actually needed a punching ball?
    > Carefully take off the left side cover of your computer

    (if it
    > is a tower model) after unplugging the mains.
    > Firmly push the cd drive forward from the side, until it
    > either latches in again, or at least has the correct

    position.
    > Then, take a screwdriver and tighten at least the screws

    you
    > can from the left side :)

    Thanks, I'll try that...had the Right side off last nite,
    but couldn't access the drive.

    Sylvia M, Mar 9, 2006
  8. Sylvia M

    old jon Guest

    "Sylvia M" <> wrote in message
    > Walter Mautner wrote:
    >> Sylvia M wrote:

    >>> 2. I just messed up my E (DVD/CD ROM) slot...pushed it

    > in,
    >>> and it must have come off it's mounting or slide, so

    > until I
    >>> figure that out, I wouldn't be able to use the HP disc to
    >>> reinstall, even if I can find it, which I probably will.
    >>>

    >> *grin* I guess you actually needed a punching ball?
    >> Carefully take off the left side cover of your computer

    > (if it
    >> is a tower model) after unplugging the mains.
    >> Firmly push the cd drive forward from the side, until it
    >> either latches in again, or at least has the correct

    > position.
    >> Then, take a screwdriver and tighten at least the screws

    > you
    >> can from the left side :)

    > Thanks, I'll try that...had the Right side off last nite,
    > but couldn't access the drive.

    As Walter said, try the LEFT hand side <g>.

    old jon, Mar 9, 2006
  9. Sylvia M

    Sylvia M Guest

    old jon wrote:
    > "Sylvia M" <> wrote in message
    >> Walter Mautner wrote:

    in,

    until I

    will.

    >>> *grin* I guess you actually needed a punching ball?
    >>> Carefully take off the left side cover of your computer

    (if
    >>> it is a tower model) after unplugging the mains.
    >>> Firmly push the cd drive forward from the side, until it
    >>> either latches in again, or at least has the correct
    >>> position. Then, take a screwdriver and tighten at least

    the
    >>> screws you can from the left side :)

    >> Thanks, I'll try that...had the Right side off last nite,
    >> but couldn't access the drive.
    >>

    > As Walter said, try the LEFT hand side <g>.

    Went to Dell URL, will get a DVD CD ROM CD write Rewrite all
    for $69,
    then take my broken CD ROM out and install according to
    their directions :))
    Probly from he Left side ;-)

    Sylvia

    Sylvia

    Sylvia M, Mar 10, 2006
  10. Sylvia M

    old jon Guest

    "Sylvia M" <> wrote in message
    > old jon wrote:
    >> "Sylvia M" <> wrote in message

    > in,

    > until I

    > will.

    > (if

    > the
    >>>
    >>> Thanks, I'll try that...had the Right side off last nite,
    >>> but couldn't access the drive.
    >>>

    >> As Walter said, try the LEFT hand side <g>.

    > Went to Dell URL, will get a DVD CD ROM CD write Rewrite all
    > for $69,
    > then take my broken CD ROM out and install according to
    > their directions :))
    > Probly from he Left side ;-)
    >
    > Sylvia
    >
    > Sylvia

    You Left it a long time to come back <g>. Well done that girl.

    --
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Mar 11, 2006
  11. Sylvia M

    old jon Guest

    Re: old jon, Cute Asian Twinks Hardcore Dick Sucking

    old jon <>, toned in

    -------------
    Get FREE newsgroup access from http://www.cheap56k.com

    old jon, Mar 11, 2006
  12. Re: old jon, Cute Asian Twinks Hardcore Dick Sucking

    old jon <>, oozed in
    <>:

    > ------------- Get FREE newsgroup access from
    > http://www.cheap56k.com.

    Ape.

    -------------
    Get FREE newsgroup access from http://www.cheap56k.com

    Barney Tehbot, Mar 11, 2006
  13. Sylvia M

    Sylvia M Guest

    old jon wrote:
    > "Sylvia M" <> wrote in message
    >> old jon wrote:
    >>> "Sylvia M" <> wrote in message

    it in,

    the HP

    computer (if

    it

    least the

    nite,

    >>> As Walter said, try the LEFT hand side <g>.

    >> Went to Dell URL, will get a DVD CD ROM CD write Rewrite

    all
    >> for $69,
    >> then take my broken CD ROM out and install according to
    >> their directions :))
    >> Probly from he Left side ;-)
    >>
    >> Sylvia
    >>
    >> Sylvia
    >>

    > You Left it a long time to come back <g>. Well done that

    girl.

    Yup, Left is Right and Right is Wrong :)

    Sylvia M, Mar 11, 2006