    by paypal It did not show up with the little yellow lock to indicate a
    secure connection when asking me for my paypal username and password??? I
    should be worried shouldn't I??
    Phil, May 1, 2007

  2. Phil

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 01 May 2007 18:17:30 GMT, "Phil" <> wrote:

    >Hi, I was using sipgate for the free calls (if you credit every 90 days). I
    >now see they charge, so upon some great advice a few weeks ago on this
    >group, I have setup a voipstunt account, so before I credit, I read that if
    >I topup every 4 months (10Euro) I will get 300mins a week free, and this
    >will not dent my 10 euro???
    >
    >Any better deals before I do a paypal credit, also when I was going to pay
    >by paypal It did not show up with the little yellow lock to indicate a
    >secure connection when asking me for my paypal username and password??? I
    >should be worried shouldn't I??

    When you ask if there are any better deals you don't say for what.
    Apart from the 300 mins a week are you looking at calling any other
    types of number for example - and when will you be using those 300
    mins - if off peak there may be a better solution. You need to give
    more information if you want a better answer.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, May 1, 2007

  3. Phil

    PhilÅ Guest

    > mins - if off peak there may be a better solution. You need to give
    > more information if you want a better answer.
    >
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Just to pick up the phone anytime and use normal local national landlines.
    Would never call a mobile or non uk. I do have to call a 0870 quite a lot.?
    PhilÅ, May 1, 2007
  4. PhilÅ wrote:
    >> mins - if off peak there may be a better solution. You need to give
    >> more information if you want a better answer.
    >>
    >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    > Just to pick up the phone anytime and use normal local national landlines.
    > Would never call a mobile or non uk. I do have to call a 0870 quite a lot.?

    I use voipcheap.com as most of our calls are to mobiles but they bill on
    a per-minute basis (which I would thing voipstunt is the same)and I
    have found it marginally (I believe)more beneficial to route 0870 and
    0845 numbers through a UK provider that bills per second as from my
    limited trials their rates are a tiny bit better for these calls and you
    don't get stung for the extra 8p or whatever for the next full minute.

    I use voipfone.co.uk for these calls and incoming calls oh and 0800
    numbers which again, seem to get charged through voipcheap.com

    I haven't checked rates for a while as everything has been working fine
    for the last few months.

    HTH
    Pete
    --
    http://www.gymratz.co.uk
    gym equipment, fitness equipment, bodybuilding supplements etc.
    Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk, May 2, 2007
  5. Phil

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 01 May 2007 19:14:20 GMT, "PhilÅ" <>
    wrote:

    >> mins - if off peak there may be a better solution. You need to give
    >> more information if you want a better answer.
    >>
    >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    >Just to pick up the phone anytime and use normal local national landlines.
    >Would never call a mobile or non uk. I do have to call a 0870 quite a lot.?

    Well, among others I'd consider voip.co.uk UK pack for standard
    geographics. You could route to 18185, via their 0808 number, for
    0870s - though someone may have a better answer for that.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, May 2, 2007
  6. Phil

    Henry Hooray Guest

    "PhilÅ" <> wrote in message

    >> mins - if off peak there may be a better solution. You need to give
    >> more information if you want a better answer.
    >>
    >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    > Just to pick up the phone anytime and use normal local national landlines.
    > Would never call a mobile or non uk. I do have to call a 0870 quite a
    > lot.?

    Whilst having a few VOIP numbers - which I also use - I find that many calls
    can be made cheaper using my standard BT telephone, just with a dialled
    prefix.

    Check out this site:

    http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/index.php

    The site is highly respected, and the 'owner', Martin Lewis, is very often
    on various BBC money programs.

    Also have a look here:

    http://www.saynoto0870.com/

    The name kind of says it all. You can often find a landline number, which is
    obviously much cheaper to use than the dreaded 0870 numbers.

    Henry.
    Henry Hooray, May 2, 2007
  7. Phil

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, I was using sipgate for the free calls (if you credit
    > every 90 days). I now see they charge, so upon some
    > great advice a few weeks ago on this group, I have setup
    > a voipstunt account, so before I credit, I read that if I
    > topup every 4 months (10Euro) I will get 300mins a week
    > free, and this will not dent my 10 euro???
    > Any better deals before I do a paypal credit, also when I
    > was going to pay by paypal It did not show up with the
    > little yellow lock to indicate a secure connection when
    > asking me for my paypal username and password??? I should
    > be worried shouldn't I??

    Eh..? Sipgate have always charged for PSTN calls, or am I missing
    something..?

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 2, 2007
  8. Phil

    PhilÅ Guest

    "Henry Hooray" <> wrote in message
    > "PhilÅ" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> mins - if off peak there may be a better solution. You need to give
    >>> more information if you want a better answer.
    >>>
    >>> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    >> Just to pick up the phone anytime and use normal local national
    >> landlines. Would never call a mobile or non uk. I do have to call a 0870
    >> quite a lot.?

    > Whilst having a few VOIP numbers - which I also use - I find that many
    > calls can be made cheaper using my standard BT telephone, just with a
    > dialled prefix.
    >
    > Check out this site:
    >
    > http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/index.php
    >
    > The site is highly respected, and the 'owner', Martin Lewis, is very often
    > on various BBC money programs.
    >
    > Also have a look here:
    >
    > http://www.saynoto0870.com/
    >
    > The name kind of says it all. You can often find a landline number, which
    > is obviously much cheaper to use than the dreaded 0870 numbers.
    >
    > Henry.

    I ditched my landline after I realised I was paying £11 per month to "rent a
    line?"
    PhilÅ, May 2, 2007
  9. Phil

    Henry Hooray Guest

    "PhilÅ" <> wrote in message

    > "Henry Hooray" <> wrote in message
    >> "PhilÅ" <> wrote in message

    >>> Just to pick up the phone anytime and use normal local national
    >>> landlines. Would never call a mobile or non uk. I do have to call a 0870
    >>> quite a lot.?

    >> Whilst having a few VOIP numbers - which I also use - I find that many
    >> calls can be made cheaper using my standard BT telephone, just with a
    >> dialled prefix.
    >>
    >> Check out this site:
    >>
    >> http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/index.php
    >>
    >> The site is highly respected, and the 'owner', Martin Lewis, is very
    >> often on various BBC money programs.
    >>
    >> Also have a look here:
    >>
    >> http://www.saynoto0870.com/
    >>
    >> The name kind of says it all. You can often find a landline number, which
    >> is obviously much cheaper to use than the dreaded 0870 numbers.
    >>
    >> Henry.

    > I ditched my landline after I realised I was paying £11 per month to "rent
    > a line?"

    I find my landline useful for broadband.

    Henry.
    Henry Hooray, May 3, 2007
  10. Phil

    Phil Guest

    > "PhilÅ" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Henry Hooray" <> wrote in message
    >>> "PhilÅ" <> wrote in message

    >>> Whilst having a few VOIP numbers - which I also use - I find that many
    >>> calls can be made cheaper using my standard BT telephone, just with a
    >>> dialled prefix.
    >>>
    >>> Check out this site:
    >>>
    >>> http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/index.php
    >>>
    >>> The site is highly respected, and the 'owner', Martin Lewis, is very
    >>> often on various BBC money programs.
    >>>
    >>> Also have a look here:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.saynoto0870.com/
    >>>
    >>> The name kind of says it all. You can often find a landline number,
    >>> which is obviously much cheaper to use than the dreaded 0870 numbers.
    >>>
    >>> Henry.

    >> I ditched my landline after I realised I was paying £11 per month to
    >> "rent a line?"

    > I find my landline useful for broadband.
    >
    > Henry.

    I suppose I am fortunate to be in a Virgin Media Cabled area, a discounted
    £10 PCM for all my BB and comms.
    Phil, May 3, 2007