    BTW, I'm not talking about the framing issues corrected by the "V2"
    release. I'm talking about a real Special Edition edition with more
    bonus materials.

    Paul, Feb 28, 2005

  2. I've read the same rumors, but haven't heard anything else from any
    other sources - I've decided to wait it out instead of buying the set
    now.

    An anniversary edition is bound to have more behind-the-scenes stuff
    than the standard release that's out now...

    I'm keeping my ears open.

    Patrick W. Heinske, Feb 28, 2005

  3. Patrick W. Heinske wrote:
    > An anniversary edition is bound to have more behind-the-scenes stuff
    > than the standard release that's out now...

    Have you even seen the current release for the trilogy? Its pretty
    damn packed already, I can't see what more they could include besides
    the Eric Stolz test footage.

    Brian The Demolition Man Little

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Feb 28, 2005
  4. "Brian The Demolition Man Little" <> wrote in news:5
    :

    > Patrick W. Heinske wrote:
    >> An anniversary edition is bound to have more behind-the-scenes stuff
    >> than the standard release that's out now...

    > Have you even seen the current release for the trilogy? Its pretty
    > damn packed already, I can't see what more they could include besides
    > the Eric Stolz test footage.

    Yeah, really. That's exactly what I thought. The Stoltz footage would
    be a nice thing to have, but how likely is it to just be a re-packaging
    of the existing set with an uglier box?

    Still this really does put me in a bind. BTTF is one of my all-time
    favorties, so I would definatly like every extra possible.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com

    Aaron J. Bossig, Mar 1, 2005
  5. No, I haven't seen the current boxed edition, since it's taken this
    long for the stores in my area to have sets on the shelves with the
    remastered discs, and now I find out that the current (corrected) sets
    are missing a booklet that the sets with the screwed-up discs had, so I
    might as well wait to see what they decide to do.

    I've lived this long without it... if they don't come out with an
    Uber-Edition for Christmas this year, then I might poke around for one
    of the current sets floating around somewhere. If I can't find it, I'll
    survive. Yeah, I like the movies, but if I get jonesin' for a fix, I'll
    put in my VHS tapes from *that* boxed set. *shrug*

    Patrick W. Heinske, Mar 1, 2005
  6. Paul

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    "Patrick W. Heinske" <> wrote:

    > No, I haven't seen the current boxed edition, since it's taken this
    > long for the stores in my area to have sets on the shelves with the
    > remastered discs, and now I find out that the current (corrected) sets
    > are missing a booklet that the sets with the screwed-up discs had, so I
    > might as well wait to see what they decide to do.

    Just find the old set that included the booklet, then mail the defective
    discs to Universal and they'll send you replacements. Problem solved.

    Black Locust, Mar 1, 2005
  7. I'll just wait and avoid the hassle of fixing Universal's mistake for
    them. It's not something I can't live without.

    Patrick W. Heinske, Mar 1, 2005