    me? If not, what is the process again?

    Thanks,
    Steve

    Steve Smith, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Steve Smith

    TSKO Guest

    "Steve Smith" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns949395E75434CsteveNOSPAMvirtualsm@140.99.99.130...
    > I got the BTTF dvd box set when they first came out, but I never took
    > advantage of that return/exchange policy on discs 2 & 3. Is it too late

    for
    > me? If not, what is the process again?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Steve

    This is not an answer to your question, but, everytime I go into my local
    Best Buy, I check out to see if any of the "V2" sets made it to the shelves
    (for a friend who wants one), I have yet to see the fixed sets out there.

    Has anyone actually seen the infamous "v2" on the back of the BTTF box?

    TSKO, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Steve Smith

    SBFan2000 Guest

    I havn't seen them either and I check often! An answer to the OP I returned
    mine just 3-4 months ago and got them back within a month! I don't think
    its to late, although I wouldn't wait much longer!

    SBFan2000, Feb 18, 2004
  4. Steve Smith

    Ron Guest

    "Steve Smith" <> wrote in message
    > I got the BTTF dvd box set when they first came out, but I never took
    > advantage of that return/exchange policy on discs 2 & 3. Is it too late

    for
    > me? If not, what is the process again?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Steve

    Don't worry, its not. Both I and my father just called to send ours back
    last week.
    It went very smoothly so far. See below.

    Replacement Instructions: Call 888-703-0010. A customer service
    representative will take your information and send you a prepaid mailer to
    return the discs. The discs will be shipped to

    Hope this helps.

    Ron

    Ron, Feb 18, 2004
  5. Steve Smith

    Curtin/Dobbs Guest

    "Steve Smith" <> wrote in message
    > I got the BTTF dvd box set when they first came out, but I never took
    > advantage of that return/exchange policy on discs 2 & 3.

    Excuse my ignorance, but what's wrong with these discs?
    Thanks....Curtin/Dobbs

    Is it too late for

    Curtin/Dobbs, Feb 19, 2004
  6. Steve Smith

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Curtin/Dobbs" <> wrote in message
    > Excuse my ignorance, but what's wrong with these discs?
    > Thanks....Curtin/Dobbs

    In the initial batch of discs that Universal released, the second and
    third movie were misframed, exposing too much picture at the top and
    cutting off the bottom. The aspect ratio remained the same 1.85:1, but
    basically they slid the telecine up too high on the film frame and
    didn't center it properly.

    Universal never recalled these discs. In fact, the majority of copies on
    store shelves are probably still from this mis-framed batch. However,
    they did remaster the films and were at least for awhile offering an
    exchange program to people who mailed in their bad discs.

    Joshua Zyber, Feb 19, 2004
  7. Steve Smith

    David Kehler Guest

    On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:37:04 GMT, "Ron" <> wrote:

    >"Steve Smith" <> wrote in message
    >> I got the BTTF dvd box set when they first came out, but I never took
    >> advantage of that return/exchange policy on discs 2 & 3. Is it too late

    >for
    >> me? If not, what is the process again?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Steve
    >>

    >Don't worry, its not. Both I and my father just called to send ours back
    >last week.
    >It went very smoothly so far. See below.
    >
    >Replacement Instructions: Call 888-703-0010. A customer service
    >representative will take your information and send you a prepaid mailer to
    >return the discs. The discs will be shipped to
    >

    >Hope this helps.
    >

    >Ron

    What's the number for Canada, again?

    David

    David Kehler, Feb 19, 2004
  8. Steve Smith

    Ron Guest

    "David Kehler" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:37:04 GMT, "Ron" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Steve Smith" <> wrote in message
    > >> I got the BTTF dvd box set when they first came out, but I never took
    > >> advantage of that return/exchange policy on discs 2 & 3. Is it too

    late
    > >for
    > >> me? If not, what is the process again?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >> Steve
    > >>

    > >Don't worry, its not. Both I and my father just called to send ours back
    > >last week.
    > >It went very smoothly so far. See below.
    > >
    > >Replacement Instructions: Call 888-703-0010. A customer service
    > >representative will take your information and send you a prepaid mailer

    > >return the discs. The discs will be shipped to
    > >

    > >Hope this helps.
    > >

    > >Ron
    > >

    > What's the number for Canada, again?
    >
    > David

    This should be the Canadian number.
    Canadian customers can call 866-532-2202.

    Ron

    Ron, Feb 19, 2004
  9. Steve Smith

    Cyclograph Guest

    On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:37:04 GMT, "Ron" <> wrote:

    >Don't worry, its not. Both I and my father just called to send ours back
    >last week.
    >It went very smoothly so far. See below.
    >
    >Replacement Instructions: Call 888-703-0010. A customer service
    >representative will take your information and send you a prepaid mailer to
    >return the discs. The discs will be shipped to

    Is this number good for other Universal replacements, e.g. the "Monty
    Python's Meaning of Life" SE set? (I had written down 888-304-0608
    ages ago, but apparently that's no longer valid or I copied it wrong
    in the first place..)
    -KD

    --
    To reply via email: this ID @<a well known service related to yodeling>.com

    Cyclograph, Feb 20, 2004
  10. Steve Smith

    Ron Guest

    "Cyclograph" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:37:04 GMT, "Ron" <> wrote:
    >
    > >Don't worry, its not. Both I and my father just called to send ours back
    > >last week.
    > >It went very smoothly so far. See below.
    > >
    > >Replacement Instructions: Call 888-703-0010. A customer service
    > >representative will take your information and send you a prepaid mailer

    > >return the discs. The discs will be shipped to

    > Is this number good for other Universal replacements, e.g. the "Monty
    > Python's Meaning of Life" SE set? (I had written down 888-304-0608
    > ages ago, but apparently that's no longer valid or I copied it wrong
    > in the first place..)
    > -KD

    As far as I know, that number is 1-800-433-4673. For Canadian residents
    call 1-866-532-2202.
    Hope this helps.

    Later......
    Ron

    Ron, Feb 20, 2004
  11. Steve Smith

    David Kehler Guest

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 19:15:58 GMT, "Ron" <> wrote:

    >> What's the number for Canada, again?
    >>
    >> David
    >>

    >This should be the Canadian number.
    >Canadian customers can call 866-532-2202.
    >
    >Ron

    Thanks!

    David

    David Kehler, Feb 20, 2004
  12. Steve Smith

    Cyclograph Guest

    On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:28:08 GMT, "Ron" <> wrote:

    >> Is this number good for other Universal replacements, e.g. the "Monty
    >> Python's Meaning of Life" SE set? (I had written down 888-304-0608
    >> ages ago, but apparently that's no longer valid or I copied it wrong
    >> in the first place..)
    >> -KD
    >>

    >As far as I know, that number is 1-800-433-4673. For Canadian residents
    >call 1-866-532-2202.
    >Hope this helps.

    Thanks! Yep, that did the trick... though their staff was apparently
    reading from an old script stating that a replacement disc wouldn't be
    available until Nov 2003! ;-)
    -KD

    --
    To reply via email: this ID @<a well known service related to yodeling>.com

    Cyclograph, Feb 21, 2004
  13. Steve Smith

    rwright Guest

    Fill me in. I got them for Christmas a year ago. What is wrong with the
    discs?

    rwright, Feb 21, 2004
  14. Steve Smith

    No Time Guest

    "rwright" <> wrote in message news:<9PzZb.2500$>...
    > Fill me in. I got them for Christmas a year ago. What is wrong with the
    > discs?

    Almost nothing, despite the hysterical crying in this newsgroup.

    No Time, Feb 21, 2004
  15. Steve Smith

    Jay Stewart Guest

    > On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:28:08 GMT, "Ron" <> wrote:
    >
    > >> Is this number good for other Universal replacements, e.g. the "Monty
    > >> Python's Meaning of Life" SE set? (I had written down 888-304-0608
    > >> ages ago, but apparently that's no longer valid or I copied it wrong
    > >> in the first place..)
    > >> -KD
    > >>

    > >As far as I know, that number is 1-800-433-4673. For Canadian residents
    > >call 1-866-532-2202.
    > >Hope this helps.

    > Thanks! Yep, that did the trick... though their staff was apparently
    > reading from an old script stating that a replacement disc wouldn't be
    > available until Nov 2003! ;-)
    > -KD

    Well, let's just hang on until then.

    Jay Stewart, Feb 21, 2004
  16. Steve Smith

    Mike Kohary Guest

    > > Fill me in. I got them for Christmas a year ago. What is wrong with

    the
    > > discs?

    > Almost nothing, despite the hysterical crying in this newsgroup.

    By "almost nothing", he means "movies 2 and 3 are misframed throughout the
    entire presentation." If that's "almost nothing", I'd hate to see what he
    thinks a serious problem is.

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, Feb 22, 2004
  17. "TSKO" <> wrote in message

    > "Steve Smith" <> wrote in message
    > > I got the BTTF dvd box set when they first came out, but I never took
    > > advantage of that return/exchange policy on discs 2 & 3. Is it too late

    > for
    > > me? If not, what is the process again?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Steve

    > This is not an answer to your question, but, everytime I go into my local
    > Best Buy, I check out to see if any of the "V2" sets made it to the

    shelves
    > (for a friend who wants one), I have yet to see the fixed sets out there.
    >
    > Has anyone actually seen the infamous "v2" on the back of the BTTF box?

    no, but that's because Universal did NOT make a v2 box. They used the same
    barcode and catalog numbers that were on the original set (otherwise, it
    would be far too complicated for most retail outlets to know or care about
    the difference. this way, the fixed one replaces the old). The only way to
    tell the difference (aside from opening every copy you see), is to look at
    the sticker on the FRONT of the case. The full-frame copies have a yellow
    oval sticker. The original (defective) Widescreen copies have a red oval
    sticker. The fixed Widescreen copies have a GREEN oval sticker that says
    "remastered" on it. I guarantee that if you open one with the green
    sticker, you will see the new discs for BTTF 2 & 3 that have v2 beside the
    catalog numbers printed on them.

    Dan

    PS: it should be pointed out that, even though Universal has (hopefully)
    stopped producing the defective copies, some stores may still have them in
    stock simply because they have not been sold, and Universal never bothered
    to recall them, and none of the employees know/care about the difference.

    PseudoApparition, Feb 23, 2004
  18. Steve Smith

    No Time Guest

    "Mike Kohary" <> wrote in message news:<c1bfpv$s4u$>...
    > "No Time" <> wrote in message
    > > "rwright" <> wrote in message

    > > > Fill me in. I got them for Christmas a year ago. What is wrong with

    > the
    > > > discs?

    > > Almost nothing, despite the hysterical crying in this newsgroup.

    > By "almost nothing", he means "movies 2 and 3 are misframed throughout the
    > entire presentation." If that's "almost nothing", I'd hate to see what he
    > thinks a serious problem is.
    >
    > Mike

    To the detriment of one scene (Marty's shirt puffing up in Part 2).
    Try not to let the inconsequentiality of it all drive you to suicide.

    No Time, Feb 23, 2004
  19. Steve Smith

    Mike Kohary Guest

    > > "No Time" <> wrote in message
    > > > "rwright" <> wrote in message

    with
    > > the
    > > >
    > > > Almost nothing, despite the hysterical crying in this newsgroup.

    > > By "almost nothing", he means "movies 2 and 3 are misframed throughout

    the
    > > entire presentation." If that's "almost nothing", I'd hate to see what

    he
    > > thinks a serious problem is.

    > To the detriment of one scene (Marty's shirt puffing up in Part 2).

    How can it be to the detriment of only one scene? As I understand, the
    entirety of movies 2 and 3 are misframed, period. It seems to me that's to
    the detriment of the entire motion picture.

    > Try not to let the inconsequentiality of it all drive you to suicide.

    As a serious collector, I don't consider a misframed DVD is
    "inconsequential", and neither does any other serious collector.

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, Feb 23, 2004
  20. Steve Smith

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, (No Time) wrote:
    >"Mike Kohary" <> wrote in message
    >> "No Time" <> wrote in message
    >> > "rwright" <> wrote in message

    >> the
    >> >
    >> > Almost nothing, despite the hysterical crying in this newsgroup.

    >> By "almost nothing", he means "movies 2 and 3 are misframed throughout the
    >> entire presentation." If that's "almost nothing", I'd hate to see what he
    >> thinks a serious problem is.
    >>
    >> Mike

    >To the detriment of one scene (Marty's shirt puffing up in Part 2).
    >Try not to let the inconsequentiality of it all drive you to suicide.

    The entire hoverboard missing in over half the movie is another show stopper
    for me.

    GMAN, Feb 23, 2004