    it is possible to conect two routers back-to-back by ISDN ???

    Thanks,
    FO
    Fiber Optic, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Fiber Optic

    Fiber Optic Guest

    Aaron Leonard wrote:

    > Yes, in recent IOS, assuming PRI (not BRI.)
    > Make one side be "isdn protocol-emulate network"
    > and the other be "isdn protocol-emulate user".
    > Use primary-net5 if E1 or primary-ni if T1.

    I have BRI interface in both routers, any ideas ??
    Fiber Optic, Jul 23, 2003

  3. Fiber Optic

    Hapee Guest

    "Fiber Optic" <> wrote in message
    > Aaron Leonard wrote:
    >
    > > Yes, in recent IOS, assuming PRI (not BRI.)
    > > Make one side be "isdn protocol-emulate network"
    > > and the other be "isdn protocol-emulate user".
    > > Use primary-net5 if E1 or primary-ni if T1.
    > >

    > I have BRI interface in both routers, any ideas ??

    Sorry, there's no way to do it with BRI. The ISDN S0 interface is a
    multipoint bus, controller by the ISDN exchange (DCE).
    The BRI functions as a tributary station on the S0 bus (compare the PRI,
    which is a G.703 point to point link).
    Although I understand that you're trying to use this as a test bed, but
    that's about the only application for this setup, so Cisco never saw any
    need to develop a dual mode BRI. On the other hand, there is a Cisco BRI
    module that works both ways, the VIC-BRI, but that's a voice-only module.
    You can hook it up to a PABX or public exchange, or you can make it act as a
    DCE (e.g. to connect an ISDN netlink to an VoIP router backbone.

    As for data BRI's: no way to do it except using a small PABX with ISDN user
    ports in the middle.

    Hans

    the BRI on the interface works is asymmetric:
    The BRI is basically a tributary on a
    Hapee, Jul 23, 2003
  4. Fiber Optic

    BLH Guest

    Fiber Optic <> wrote in message news:<bflcoi$mv6$>...
    > Aaron Leonard wrote:
    >
    > > Yes, in recent IOS, assuming PRI (not BRI.)
    > > Make one side be "isdn protocol-emulate network"
    > > and the other be "isdn protocol-emulate user".
    > > Use primary-net5 if E1 or primary-ni if T1.
    > >

    > I have BRI interface in both routers, any ideas ??

    Try one of these

    http://www.pds-test.co.uk/products/prices_lowcostisdn.html

    BH
    BLH, Jul 23, 2003
  5. Fiber Optic

    shope Guest

    > Aaron Leonard wrote:
    >
    > > Yes, in recent IOS, assuming PRI (not BRI.)
    > > Make one side be "isdn protocol-emulate network"
    > > and the other be "isdn protocol-emulate user".
    > > Use primary-net5 if E1 or primary-ni if T1.
    > >

    > I have BRI interface in both routers, any ideas ??

    You could just order 2 BRI lines from your telco....
    --
    Regards

    shope, Jul 23, 2003
  6. Fiber Optic <> wrote:

    >Aaron Leonard wrote:
    >
    >> Yes, in recent IOS, assuming PRI (not BRI.)
    >> Make one side be "isdn protocol-emulate network"
    >> and the other be "isdn protocol-emulate user".
    >> Use primary-net5 if E1 or primary-ni if T1.

    >I have BRI interface in both routers, any ideas ??

    Buy a cheap ISDN PABX with two internal S0 interfaces.

    --
    Tilman Schmidt E-Mail:
    Bonn, Germany
    Tilman Schmidt, Jul 23, 2003
  7. Fiber Optic

    Fiber Optic Guest

    Hapee wrote:

    > "Fiber Optic" <> wrote in message
    >> Aaron Leonard wrote:
    >>
    >> > Yes, in recent IOS, assuming PRI (not BRI.)
    >> > Make one side be "isdn protocol-emulate network"
    >> > and the other be "isdn protocol-emulate user".
    >> > Use primary-net5 if E1 or primary-ni if T1.
    >> >

    >> I have BRI interface in both routers, any ideas ??

    > Sorry, there's no way to do it with BRI. The ISDN S0 interface is a
    > multipoint bus, controller by the ISDN exchange (DCE).
    > The BRI functions as a tributary station on the S0 bus (compare the PRI,
    > which is a G.703 point to point link).
    > Although I understand that you're trying to use this as a test bed, but
    > that's about the only application for this setup, so Cisco never saw any
    > need to develop a dual mode BRI. On the other hand, there is a Cisco BRI
    > module that works both ways, the VIC-BRI, but that's a voice-only module.
    > You can hook it up to a PABX or public exchange, or you can make it act as
    > a DCE (e.g. to connect an ISDN netlink to an VoIP router backbone.
    >
    > As for data BRI's: no way to do it except using a small PABX with ISDN
    > user ports in the middle.
    >
    > Hans
    >

    > the BRI on the interface works is asymmetric:
    > The BRI is basically a tributary on a

    Thanks alto for respond, I will try to buy a PABX with 2 ISDN PORT.
    Fiber Optic, Jul 24, 2003
  8. Phillip Remaker, Jul 25, 2003
  9. Phillip Remaker wrote:

    > Some Cisco hardware offers 'network-side' BRI interfaces.

    Only voice interface cards (VICs).

    > I lost the start of the thread, so I don't know what BRI hardware you are
    > using.

    He didn't say, but he asked about connecting two routers back to back
    which IMHO wouldn't achieve anything interesting with a VIC on one side.

    --
    Tilman Schmidt
    Phoenix Software GmbH Tel. +49 228 97199 0
    Tilman Schmidt, Jul 25, 2003