    Gosh, so many security-updates! Only need to figure out the dual-boot
    misery. Fun with SATA ;-)

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Aug 2, 2006

  2. Dump the dual boot and give over to the FORCE. ;)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 2, 2006

  3. Jud Hendrix

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 17:07:15 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
    <> wrote:

    >Dump the dual boot and give over to the FORCE. ;)

    I wish! Just got some tidbits which require XP32 (printer for instance),
    so a 100% switchover is not possible yet, but a 90% is :-D

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Aug 2, 2006
  4. Jud Hendrix

    <> wrote:

    >Dump the dual boot and give over to the FORCE. ;)

    Fixed the dual-boot. Your blog refreshed my meory. Thanks! :)

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Aug 2, 2006
  5. See, I told you. :)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel, Aug 2, 2006
  6. >>Dump the dual boot and give over to the FORCE. ;)

    > I wish! Just got some tidbits which require XP32 (printer for instance),
    > so a 100% switchover is not possible yet, but a 90% is :-D

    Anything a VM environment can't handle?
    Homer J. Simpson, Aug 3, 2006
  7. Jud Hendrix

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 09:03:08 -0400, "Homer J. Simpson" <root@127.0.0.1>
    wrote:

    >Anything a VM environment can't handle?

    Not sure. I have a Canopus capture-card, which will never get x64-drivers.
    I use it once in a while for the sheer speed it gives me in real-time
    colour-correction. I would think that a VM-environment would slow down the
    "real-time-ness" too much?

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Aug 3, 2006
  8. >>Anything a VM environment can't handle?

    > Not sure. I have a Canopus capture-card, which will never get x64-drivers.
    > I use it once in a while for the sheer speed it gives me in real-time
    > colour-correction. I would think that a VM-environment would slow down the
    > "real-time-ness" too much?

    Hmmm. I doubt you could get your capture card's driver to work at all
    within a VM.

    VirtualPC is free these days, so it'll only cost you your installation time
    to find out.
    Homer J. Simpson, Aug 3, 2006
  9. The vm will not be able to see the card.

    Colin Barnhorst, Aug 3, 2006
  10. Jud Hendrix

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 10:09:48 -0600, "Colin Barnhorst"
    <colinbarharst(remove)@msn.com> wrote:

    >The vm will not be able to see the card.

    Awww, pity

    Jud Hendrix, Aug 3, 2006
  11. > The vm will not be able to see the card.

    I figured as much.
    Homer J. Simpson, Aug 4, 2006
  12. Jud:
    Have you tried registering at
    http://www.canopus.com/support/supportcenter.php ?
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 5, 2006
  13. Jud Hendrix

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 16:33:01 -0700, Carlos
    <> wrote:

    >Have you tried registering at
    >http://www.canopus.com/support/supportcenter.php ?

    Hi Carlos. Yes, I am an avid reader (no pun intended ;-) ) of their forums.
    The question has popped-up a few times regarding 64-bit drivers, but the
    answer is that the DV-Storm is at the end of it's development-phase,
    meaning only drivers for Edius, and no more newer operating-systems, so no
    more x64/V64. Pity, it's such a great card.

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Aug 7, 2006