    when I click on 'Back'.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    John

    John Shamblin, Dec 28, 2005

  2. John Shamblin wrote:

    > Running Win XP with all updates.
    > Recently, the 'back button' on all WebPages quit working; nothing
    > happens when I click on 'Back'. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    > John

    Check to make sure pages aren't opening in a new window that is covering
    the last one. Some web authors do that - it's really annoying.

    Which browser? Is it really *all* pages, or can you cite a particular
    URL?

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 28, 2005

  3. John Shamblin

    BEM Guest

    download firefox from mozilla.org and use it as your browser you will
    never go back to IE

    BEM, Dec 28, 2005
  4. BEM wrote:

    > download firefox from mozilla.org and use it as your browser you will
    > never go back to IE

    While that is a very good idea, it won't help the OP's problem if the
    web pages in question are designed to open in new windows (where the
    Back button appears dimmed). Let's find out that first, and then we'll
    recommend that John get a modern, secure browser.

    In the meantime, how about having a read of this page:

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 28, 2005
  5. John Shamblin

    marvs Guest

    try on internet options, clear cache & cookies; clear history, restore
    defaults, reset web settings or try repairing your ie

    on run just type:
    sfc /scannow

    marvs, Dec 28, 2005
  6. John Shamblin

    The Shed Guest

    "John Shamblin" <sham(removethis)atcomcast.net> wrote in message
    > Running Win XP with all updates.
    > Recently, the 'back button' on all WebPages quit working; nothing
    > happens when I click on 'Back'.
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    > John

    I was told by a wise old man---what is done is done,don't look
    back,forwards is the direction to go.
    Going back serves no purpose,you made your choice,stand by it.

    The Shed, Dec 29, 2005